Cable collet for Vegas

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Phil, call Gary as he should have them. Tell him that you need the short one as they come in two lengths. Octura quit making them for a while but have started making them again.

Zippkits has them also but not Octura's.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know this is an old thread but I was checking what in on the Zippkits site and they are set screwed. I'm looking for a collet that will handle a .187 flex cable and fit the 5X.8mm thread on my OS .18 CV-RMX. anyone have any ideas on that one?

Why such a large flex cable for an 18 engine -- I used to run .125 on a .18 cvrm and never ran into trouble or broke a shaft --I switched to running .150 only because it became a standard size for all my boats over time but a 187 is kind of over kill

I have to agree with Mike as .125" or .150" cable is plenty for an .18. If you need to prop up which you probably will, get one with a 3/16" propshaft.

I know this is an old thread but I was checking what in on the Zippkits site and they are set screwed. I'm looking for a collet that will handle a .187 flex cable and fit the 5X.8mm thread on my OS .18 CV-RMX. anyone have any ideas on that one?
Hi Mark,

What type of hull are you going to install the 18 CV? If it's a sport hydro hull, .150 cable should be more than adequate.

JD

it's going into a semi-stock Dumas Pak, once it's done. I'm just planning ahead since, in this case, I'll be trying the 150 cable and Y535 prop first. If it doesn't work, I plan on upsizing to a 187 cable and slightly larger props which are all drilled for a 187 shaft.

They do make .150 flex shaft in both .125 and .187
default_smile.png

Who makes the .187 shaft? I see Aquacraft still makes the .125 for the Vegas but it looks like it's made with a step down stubshaft

The one i bought was a Hughey shaft i believe . Not sure on the spelling . I can check to see if i still have the info tonight .

Junkie

On my vegas its a .150" x 2-3/8" full 3/16" stub which is a upgrade from the reduced stub to 1/8".

Hughey part# E-1078 or B4166SP

Last edited by a moderator:
Back