Button modifications to improve combustion process

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Caruso

Hi Folk's,

Here is a nice page for everyone looking to improve IC engine combustion. Much like Terry's old Turbo heads which worked very well. So not only the Brass buttons have helped hold heat in but you can do more. Take your time and keep good notes.

http://www.rexresear...singh/singh.htm

Enjoy,

MC

Last edited by a moderator:
Very cool info Micheal have you done this to any motors and witch result worked best thanks Charlie

I have read this paper and I am planing on testing it here next month.

Some use this now and some have used it in the past.

Will see if it helps soon.

Where Did Jim Allen Go & Is he Coming Back??????? I must have missed something??

We all know in the real world of rc boating some trial and error are involved. Marty has many pages and a program that helps a bunch. At the end of the day its like trying on a pair of boots either they work or they dont.

I have bin bouncing a design around in my head now for a few weeks.

I read in on of Marty's papers about a oval shaped chamber that was tried a long time ago.

Combine this with the channels to extend in to the wide squash band produced by this shape chamber.

I will cut the chamber with a radius key slot cutter making a trough in the head. This will run front to back to help the boost flow swirl up in to the chamber.

Will start cutting here in a few weeks.

Just need to find a way to put a turbo plug in it.

Need a cutter to make the plug hole and threads.

Any Ideas?

Use a centre drill

i had one turned down so it cuts the pilot for the thread tap

the centre drill has a 60 degree angle if i remeber correctly which matches the turbo plug
Are the threads the same as the standard plug 1/4-32.

So you grind a center drill to the dia for a 1/4-32 tap and use a bottom tap to finish?

Use a centre drill

the centre drill has a 60 degree angle if i remeber correctly which matches the turbo plug

So you grind a center drill to the dia for a 1/4-32 tap and use a bottom tap to finish?
David; Turbo plug thread is 8mm x .75

Use a centre drill

Thanks Jack. is the bottom taper 60Deg?

What is in the works for turbo plugs for high comp high nitro. Any seal setups like you have on the OD 0099?

Did you try the flex hone?

Use a centre drill

Thanks Jack. is the bottom taper 60Deg?

What is in the works for turbo plugs for high comp high nitro. Any seal setups like you have on the OD 0099?

Did you try the flex hone?
David; We are in the process of making a new line of plugs. a little different body ,same stem seal,same quality,new packaging.Don Maher will be doing some testing of the new plugs, maybe he will give a report on them. Never did try the flex hone. J.O'Donnell

Can not wait for the new plugs.

I love the 0099. This is the only plug I use great performance with high nitro and can not beat the price.

David Jack is correct m8 x.75 is the tap

the tap drill size is 7.25mm so i had 60 degree centre drill turned down to 7.25mm

so it cuts the pilot and the seat
Dose the standard 1/8" drill size in the center work for the reveal in the chamber?

I am getting a price on a #4 center drill ground to 7.25mm dia dose the drill part need to be a different than standard 1/8' size?

If I am going to get the tool made mind as well get what is needed.

David Jack is correct m8 x.75 is the tap

the tap drill size is 7.25mm so i had 60 degree centre drill turned down to 7.25mm

so it cuts the pilot and the seat
Dose the standard 1/8" drill size in the center work for the reveal in the chamber?

I am getting a price on a #4 center drill ground to 7.25mm dia dose the drill part need to be a different than standard 1/8' size?

If I am going to get the tool made mind as well get what is needed.
David; The1/8'' will work,but your final size of the hole through the chamber should be a #11 drill (.191) J.O'Donnell

Very cool info Micheal have you done this to any motors and witch result worked best thanks Charlie
Yes years ago in the 70's looking to improve combustion chamber burning on real V8's. This article is way more that I ever did but this is where you need to make changes to increase the engines power-density. I still have Nitro in the basement but all I run today is Electric having fun not racing. Don't get me wrong I still love IC engines and the smell of Nitro. I am driving a desk today http://www.aera.org/tech-center/tech-hotline/ and only have so much free time so I have chosen Plug and Play. LOL

Yes years ago in the 70's looking to improve combustion chamber burning on real V8's. This article is way more that I ever did but this is where you need to make changes to increase the engines power-density. I still have Nitro in the basement but all I run today is Electric having fun not racing. Don't get me wrong I still love IC engines and the smell of Nitro. I am driving a desk today http://www.aera.org/...h-hotline/ and only have so much free time so I have chosen Plug and Play. LOL
I just got this 1960's + up web link Drag Racing engine guys you'll love this one! http://georgeklass.net/

Back