Building Jones canoes

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it worked brushing why not just brush it on for the parts? i never used that stuff either. The pva is good used with a no silicone wax, it will brush or spray, dries to a thin film with no brush marks. Comes off with the part then you just wash it off with water, alcohol, actone wont take it off.

If it worked brushing why not just brush it on for the parts? i never used that stuff either. The pva is good used with a no silicone wax, it will brush or spray, dries to a thin film with no brush marks. Comes off with the part then you just wash it off with water, alcohol, actone wont take it off.
Phil, brushing it on the plug was cool, convex plug. Tried brushing on the concave mold, could'nt help pooling at the bottom. Realize I'm new to this, so I'm learning as I go. :)

Ray,

As Bob recommended, The PVA has worked well for this NUBE at molding small parts, cowlings & such.

Shoot me you address, & I will send you some to try.

I spray it in the mold with my small HVLP gun REAL THIN, basically just mist it in a few coats.

I cleam the gun up with Simple Green & warm water.

I clean the end part with a white scotch brite pad, Simple Green & water

Phil, brushing it on the plug was cool, convex plug. Tried brushing on the concave mold, could'nt help pooling at the bottom. Realize I'm new to this, so I'm learning as I go. :)
Yea the pva will pool up too in corners if it is applied to heavy, just use a dryer brush and soak some up. no matter how it looks wet it dries smooth.

I do use a 1" fine camel hair brush, not just a regular paint brush.

Yea the pva will pool up too in corners if it is applied to heavy, just use a dryer brush and soak some up. no matter how it looks wet it dries smooth.

Thanks for info Phil, were working on it. B)

Ray,

As Bob recommended, The PVA has worked well for this NUBE at molding small parts, cowlings & such.

I spray it in the mold with my small HVLP gun REAL THIN, basically just mist it in a few coats.

Thanks Rick, Bob's got me covered.

Ray,

10/4

Ray,

10/4
YO Hammer got any glue drying? OR PAINT

Ray,

10/4
YO Hammer got any glue drying? OR PAINT
Mick, been a slow go, with blizzards, trees falling on the house and a host of other crap. :blink: But, were working on it. B)

Ya, I do the same, 1" camel hair brush and a thin coat, overlapping as you go. Do it quick so you can see where you've been before the previous layer dries. You're gonna prime and paint the parts anyway, right? :rolleyes:

Nice work! :)

Back