brushless tunnel hull project

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Krienke

Heres a little tunnel i made up with a mrp lower and a boat unknown . but still coming along and seems fast. running a x430 prop and a mamba 7700 brushless with a 6 cell . wanting to do a K&b lower on a VS-1 any suggestions on motor prop combo and how to make a K&B work on a brushless? I also have a dolphin lower but unsure what motor to run with 6 cells. heres a neat adjustable mount also i made like the prather out of fiberglass plate.I know its a beater boat but didnt want to put too much time in it . its a POS sooo ya. smiles.

IMG_3785.JPG

IMG_3797.JPG

IMG_3793.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
If you already have the K&B unit, probably the easiest way is to get the motor adaptor plate and coupler from http://www.drcwebservices.com/ffe/hardware.htm

Then you can cut up and lighten the lower unit as you see fit.

I'm running the complete carbon lower unit on my OPC boats.

As far as motor goes, either the Aquacraft or Proboat brushless motor/esc from the SV27 or BJ26. M445 is a good starting prop for those motors.

ya noticed thats a irwins lower leg they sell . I just had him send me one of them for my rossi. i think its neat there selling them for him. I saw that motor adapter on there so i guess i need that and also the coupler. thanks again for answering my ?s apreciate it .

ya noticed thats a irwins lower leg they sell . I just had him send me one of them for my rossi.
Not that it's important, but Richard Konnen manufactured some units for Irwin and now supplies the REK branded legs to Ray Fuller... it's a great product with either name. I've been using them for a few years with excellent results.

ya with a good 4200 6 cell pack it just screams its almost unbelievable how fast it is on light chop . . i had it blow over the other day and break the sponson loose and it started to sink had to jump in fully dressed to grab it l :p

Back