Breakthrough CAD Design

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Moyle

Hi everyone,

Allow me to introduce myself. My name is David Moyle, I'm based in Melbourne, Australia.

I'm a keen model boater, I work as a designer in the aerospace industry, and have recently decided to take the plunge and start up my own business: "Breakthrough CAD Design".

If you've ever had any brilliant ideas for a design or product, but haven't had the means to take it any further, that's where I can step in. From the simplest of parts to the most complex hull design, hardware component and beyond, I can help you with it all. For the business I'm using Alibre Design 3D V12, which has full 3d model and 2d drawing capabilities. I can also realistically render your CAD model, using a program called Hypershot. This is great, as it is like creating a virtual prototype, before any material is ever cut!

No job is too big or small. I can digitise your old 2D drawings. I can reverse engineer your old part into CAD form. I can take your idea right through to production. I can help you design graphics and logos too. If you have an idea, give me a call or shoot me an email and we can discuss the possibilities. My rates are very reasonable.

I look forward to working with you!

David Moyle

Breakthrough CAD Design

www.breakthroughcad.com.au

[email protected]

+61 438 954 250

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Dave,

Those CAD drawings look awsome! It is hard to tell that they are actually computer generated.

Keep up the good work!

Cheers

Kris

Dave

I have a few plans here that are:

27, 30, 33inch and a 1/8th scale on Auto Cad

Do you also do laser cutting?

Dave

Dave

I have a few plans here that are:

27, 30, 33inch and a 1/8th scale on Auto Cad

Do you also do laser cutting?

Dave
Hi Dave,

If your plans are already cadded up then I probably can't directly help you, as I don't do laser cutting myself. If you want I can try to find a good company in Aus that does it; it's been on my list of things to do for myself too! B)

Let me know if you want me to look into it for you. Any future CAD work keep me in mind :p

Regards,

Dave

I've been thinking of getting Alibre as an inexpensive 3D modeling package for home. I've got a few years on Pro/E & now am on Catia V5 (at work). How does this compare? Any thoughts or tips would be appreciated.

Tim

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been thinking of getting Alibre as an inexpensive 3D modeling package for home. I've got a few years on Pro/E & now am on Catia V5 (at work). How does this compare? Any thoughts or tips would be appreciated.

Tim
Hi Tim,

So far I've had no problems with it. I use Catia v5 at work as well, and Alibre is fairly intuitive to use based on Catia knowledge. It doesn't really have any of the surfacing features like Catia, but unless you're designing car bodies etc, this isn't a problem. Assemblies are quite easy to set up and manipulate.

I'd highly recommend Alibre; there's still a lot of features I've yet to explore with it.

Regards,

David

Back