Brandon Race and Twin Shootout

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, looks like Rd 1 in A- hydro was a disaster, no finishes.
sad.gif

An absolute blast today Brandon Models Boaters.

Thank You B)

Somehow once again the weather gods where kind at least until the awards ceremony ,

hasn't stopped since though.

I managed to steal a second in X-Mono and Im not complaining because I need to replace my hull before the next race now :blink:

Figured out why it layed down so bad in the 4th heat after I got home and stripped it down :(

Im happy to report a Nitro boat won the Twin Shootout-

Although it was a little wild in the final :huh: I will let the twin pilots fill in the blanks.

Eat /shower/ sleep / time .........

Thanks again guys and gals, I smiled ear to ear all weekend = AWESOME B) B) B) B) B)

Andy

140 heats by 4:10 PM

Thanks to all that pitched in.

Marty Davis gave me a break on the mic, and it was HOT HOT 'til the rains came.

Twin Shootout - Top 5

Larry Beals

Raymond Rodriguez - broke and gave up spot

Tom Foley

Rich Moore

Ross Medina

Lupe Perez - plug in for Raymond

3 nitro

2 gas

Rich Moore hit the start,never looked back. SHOOTOUT CHAMP

Larry tripped up, Tom got in Lupe's roost and moonshot, Ross cut a buoy.

GO FAST - PERFECT SCORE - X Hydro, won X mono too. Good job Tom...

Hope everyone had a good time.

Time to zzzzzz

RP

Big thanks to all the Brandon Model Boaters core crew that always make a great race happen working through all the stuff that comes up . Master CD's Randy Premo, Don Riek , Marty Davis , Ray Kindred , John Otto, Ron Drake ...these guys know what time it is and are Masters of the Tower while us Drones go out and burn Nitro and Gas !!! Richie Moore with his " Lane 1 is Mine " driving style put it all together while chumps like me tried to get past the CONTAINER SHIPS in Twin Rigger Shootout !!!

Big thanks to all !!

The real story of the whole race is that the ballsy decision was made to continue racing facing 80 - 90 % weather odds ...Thank You for that ...it aint over till its over !! Big showing from Southwest and Southeast Florida and without these guys all the races would be less attended for sure , these guys race hard in many different classes !

\A very inspiring showing from caring Dads that have their kids racing , all great kids and an inspiration for model boat racings future , Kudos for getting the kids involved !!

:D :D :D :D

On to the next one ......and at the end of the day , with all the stuff that comes up ...it was a KILLER RACE :D :D :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Mary and I have always said the nicest people race in Brandon! Whether it was chasing after boats or keeping the pits moving, every job was done friendly and with attention to detail. Our hats off to the Brandon club and to everyone who did there part to make it a great race to attend. We'd love to see the twin shoot out become an annual Brandon event. Excellent CD'ing from Randy Premo and all the gang who did the dirty deed. We hope everyone arrives home safely....

Ron and Mary

Big thanks to all who participated this weekend. This was the biggest in D3 aside from the Nats, and went well.

More Dq's than I have ever issued, and there were a few that slid by.

Thanks go out to:

Don Riek, Bill Britton and Ron Byrd for the race management.

Tommy and Sheila Cardoso and Gene Mongar for the spotter and pit boss work.

Andy Greene and Dan Hutchinson for the tireless catch boat work.

Ray and Josh Kindred for the tower help.

Marty, what can I say. You're aces...LOOK OUT TIN MAN.... :D

Ron Drake, keeping Whiddon out of trouble. :D

Barb and Ed Knudsen. tower and pitboss.

Andy and Angel for spotter help.

Steve Rodriguez, Yeshua Febles and Jason Moore for turn judge work.

Rod Hendricks for the retrieve boat work and CD help.

GO FAST for the Yammy rocket for the catch boat.

I have a big family, hope I didn't forget anyone. But I wouldn't trade them for anyone, they are why I show up.

See Y'all soon.......

Randy

Awesome race guys great job goes out to Randy for the CDing and the rest of the Brandon Club Hot weather and big chance of rain they kept it going and got done in great time on sunday thanks again guys for a great time see ya all at the next one Rhonda and Robert

Randy , we couldn't ask for a better CD to handle the most thankless job at the lake.

Im pretty sure I speak for all when I tell ya-

You Are The Man B) B) B) B)

Call em like they are brother :p

Andy

Had a great weekend despite some screw ups by me. The dover site is my favorite site to race at. Always have a good time. love the setting and the people in the club.

David

O Wilfong son,

You bring knife to gunfight in round 4 offshore.

Gunfighters kill each other in one shot..........

End of story.

Thanks for putting up with my shennanigans, glad to see you having fun.

You need a bigger boat for sure. That .45 rs has to work too hard for Gene and Tommy, but when they do the thump - n - flip, it's easy to get points.

RP

After my visit Saturday I am getting the itch to come out and play toy boats again! I charged the batteries in the Lynx and the radio is talkin to me but I did have a bad switch I will have to replace. 20 Mono will be next to shake the cobwebs off of. I do have to replace the Starter box batteries and my glowbee hasnt woke up yet after two days of charging so looks like my wallet is coming into play already LOL.

Like they say if you wanna play you gotta pay.............

O Wilfong son,

End of story.

You need a bigger boat for sure. That .45 rs has to work too hard for Gene and Tommy, but when they do the thump - n - flip, it's easy to get points.

RP
Don't wright off old 666 yet. Still have a few more tricks up my sleeve. :ph34r:

David

O Wilfong son,

End of story.

RP
Don't wright off old 666 yet. Still have a few more tricks up my sleeve. :ph34r:

David
If that involves ANYTHING other than burning that evil child and buying a Seaducer and minding your lane :rolleyes: ..........

FORGET IT :blink: :blink: :blink: :p :p :p ;) ;)

Back