Bored At Work

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All,

Being one who's not a fan of pointed tips, I need to say that boat looks nice! You've been working hard on it Mark and your craftsmanship is awesome.

Great work

Snowdog

"Trying to hold onto the classic, scale look

Sanded the edges down today. Waiting for later tonight to add a bit more paste on one side.. Then the MikeP PT process..

BTW, there are two layers on the cowl and three on the lower nose piece.. Don't know the weight of the cloth, it was a freebie.. :eek: Speaking of which, where has Topfuel443 been lately? ??? Haven't seen him post in awhile..

Lastly, here's the windshield, just waiting for the finished job.. :eek:

BTW, thanks for all the kind words.. ;) Can't wait to start another CF project.. :-X

Mark......

That looks sweet!! :eek: that windshield looks great! who made that pattern ;) You do really nice work. I can't wait to see it in person.

Nice work OB Nut,

Let's see here....

Correct me if I am wrong.

3-4 hours sanding foam plug.

5-6 hours sealing and polishing foam plug.

4-5 hours making the mold.

1-2 hours polishing the mold.

1 hour waxing and cutting cloth

3-4 hours laying up the mold.

8+ hours finishing work on the cowl.

I can tell ya that it's all worth it when you pop out a nice CF cowl.

-MikeP

Wade, hhmmm, I don't know who made that pattern.. : :)

Mike, yep, those numbers are about correct. Might have spent 30 - 45 minutes cutting / sanding the foam plug.. Nice to have a 14" bandsaw around! Made short work to make the foam plug. But it took 4 attempts to get the plug right! Guess if you add it all up, it'll be around 3-4 hours.. : :)

And I'll be honest about this one. After taking it out of the mold, I figured it was destined for a file 13 type action.. Now that it's ready for the final coat, I'm sure happy about it. ;D

Mark....

Mark, Looks awesome dude! You really did a nice job on the whole thing, now hurry up and get it ready for the water!

Is that the Carbon fiber I sent you? if so, im glad you were able to use it!

~ Later, James

Tried the Paper towel process tonight. Tomorrow will tell the outcome.. Looks sweet though! If memory serves me correctly : :) use a slightly damp PT to do the work. This gave mixed results, so I switched to a dry PT. Seemed to work better.. Time will tell..

James, yep, this is the cloth you sent me ;D Thanks man, you one cool dude for that.. 8) There's enough left to start on one more!

Mark...

Here's a shot of the cowl w/o the windsheild mounted.. That will be done tonight when I get home from work. Talk about SHINE... WOW...

Mark..

OB Nut...

Not letting me upload.. Could be since I'm at work, don't know, done it before..

2: move_uploaded_file(c:/inetpub/ftphosted/iwaters/yabbse/attachments/BAWT_Cowl1.jpg): failed to open stream: Permission denied

(c:inetpubftphostediwatersyabbseSourcesPost.php ln 990)

Ok, since this won't post pics, take a look at my new web site - http://home.earthlink.net/~ob_nut/ .. I'll be updating from time to time. Need to get the K-Zoo & Toledo pics I have moved over, along with some personal pics of just Mary and I running.

Mark...

Latest posts

Back