Boat Wraps

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keebibear

So Im having my Evolution rigger repaired and am thinking of a wrap to cover any previous damage. Is anyone doing them on the riggers and how about the wraps staying on? Im more thinking just the sides and top of the sponsons. Any input would be great.

Whats the point of the clear coat? Im assuming to protect it from the fuel? Its a gas rigger not nitro and I would think the clear coat will make it hard to remove it if I scuff it up correct?

No spray a light clear on dont need much i dont know about regular fuel on them it is just to be safe and yes after the clear is on it is still easy to take off if needed

The trick is to get the nitro off BEFORE installing the wrap. It is very difficult to get all the nitro residue off of of a used epoxy glass hull. If you dont the vinyl wrap will not stick properly. Sometimes a little modelers clear (or similar) installed with a modelers brush around the edges will help

IF you decide to put some clear over it -DO NOT USE Rattle Can Clear ......

If the proper vinyl is used - it doesnt need to be cleared- THAT said , be mindful of what type cleaners you use afterward.

I ran out of Windex ( and Bill wasnt there
default_rolleyes.gif
) and used some of Foleys off brand Fabuloso stuff one time- Wiped the color right off the graphics....

Back