Boat will not run, Trivia

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
on the plastic tank, the rubber stopper,( the spare whole that is not used leaks),Tube out side split under fuel line!

Last edited by a moderator:
The stopper in a plastic tank. Leaking around the lines, between the stopper & the tank, or around the screw that holds the stopper assembly together. I've had the last one happen to me.
Bingo!! WE HAVE A WINNER

Leak between stopper and tank.

I know these were tight when installed, I guess the rubber stopper shrinks over time.

Good Job Robin

Last edited by a moderator:
What's he win a shave and a hot towel.
default_biggrin.png
Who
default_wub.png
ya RRRobin..........==={}

The rubber and plastic parts do what is called "creep" in the plastics industry. The material will compress a bit over time and the seal can get loose.

Here's one that took forever to find:

boat kept going lean and dieing.. I found that one of the brass tubes in the rubber stopper had pulled out and bit and the rubber and partially closed the hole on the inside. It did not leak,.. but it blocked the back pressure from the pipe.. ran great till it was on the pipe.. darn near quit after that one..

This post was definitely created to help people that may have problems that are hard to find or may not think to inspect these things.

I just thought it would be fun to make a game out of it.

Anthony

Isn't a great feeling to find those little issues even if it makes you want to jump off a cliff, at first!

default_biggrin.png
Who
default_wub.png
Thats some funny stuff right there
default_laugh.png

think that's what happened to mine, I only tapped the 160z Sullivan fuel tank and it cracked, was over 20 years old though, see how it goes with new one

It was gratifying to find. Unfortunately that was the weekend of the last Indy Masters (in Indianapolis) and it was my own .12 rigger design,.. The following Monday it was running like a beast,.. could.t finish one lap at the race..

I think I could have won .12 rigger that day if not for this issue..

default_biggrin.png
Who
default_wub.png
That would be a new experience, RRRay. I don't even own a razor, hell the last time i used one was 34 yrs. ago. That was the only time i have shaved since graduating high school in '69!

Back