Boat size

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
first welcome to the dock.

Second ..

You can go with a 36 in cat ( sprint or drag cat )

mono can be about the same if you are looking for speed only.

yet if you are only looking for straight line speed and not handling by all means look only on size ( length 36 in , width 12-16 in and weight total about 12lb. )

Handling will suffer ( fast turning , stability )

If you are going to be running with other boats, racing or in anything but perfect water don't even waste your time with a short gas mono. Go at least 45 inches.

Thx.. I'm also trying to get an old rossi 90 and a cmb 65 runnin, anyone know who might have info on these two engines?

Nitro-size hulls that would take a Zenoah/RCMK afterwards :

Mono > AC-Razor

Catamaran : eBay-Falcon

Both hulls tried with CMB-EvoII(.90/goldhead) and RCMK-254 .. and worked out fine.

Sprintcat was a nose-diver .. not fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
smallest boat id stick a gas engine in would be a 40/80 Sprintcat.. which is 34.5" long, but you can forget handling or running in any kind of chop. For oval running in the rough, i wouldnt try running anything less then 40" long.

this is my Sprintcat (one pictured in sig) making a 77mph pass through the traps. With a boat this short, with the weight/power of gas engine.. its always on the verge of blowing off...and its hard to get enough flotation in it to keep it afloat if it blows off and drinks alot of water. Ive had it near sink a couple times..

Back