Boat Clubs around Madison, WI

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kesjeff

I moved last year to the Madison, WI area and used to race Nitro boats back at the Twin Cities Model Boat Club in Minnesota. I am looking for a club close to here that runs nitro or electric. I did find an electric club west of town but hoping to find a nitro club.

Thanks,

Jeff

Hi Jeff

I'm Doug Peterson from Mazomanie WI. About 25 miles west of Madison and run the Madison Fast Electrics Club - or whats left of it. We lost our pond due to the removal of a dam and weeds. Hopefully in time we will recoup it.

We hooked up with the Badger Nitro club at Racine WI. Just had a large race there last weekend. We run nitro, gas and electric. It is a great club with a great site. There is a one day race left on Sunday October 7. Would be a great time to come and check it out.

My cell - 608-393-7960 Doug

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Jeff,

Welcome to the area. You should definitely try to make the last Badger race in Racine on Sunday Oct 7th. What classes are you looking to run?

Right now I have a Pro/Boat Miss bud, a 7.5 tunnel that is all together but not run in a while. I have a sport 20 that I am trying to finish but it has been a couple of years and need to finish it.

Can you give me an address to the pond and I will try to put it on my schedule. I see its about 2 hours from the Madison area.

Thanks,

Jeff

Jeff

Go to the Offshore Electrics Home page. There is a google race site / pond finder. You can zoom in and actually see the pond and where it is located. Look for the Badger Club in the Racine area.

Your actually about 1.5 hours away and it is an easy drive. All interstate highway.

Hope to see you there.

Doug

Here's a link to the Badger Pond on the Google Model Boat Pond Location map.

Badger Model Boat Club

The race on Oct 7 is called the Turkey Shootout and is intended to be a casual fun run. You should come and meets some of the members if you can make it.

Hey guys sorry I didn't make it out there today for the race. Would you guys let me know your schedule for next year at both clubs if the Madison one is back up and running.

Thanks again hope to see you next year,

Jeff

Back