Blazzin .12

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes the screw that adjust the amount the carb will close and keeps the crab barrel centered. I have 4 other carbs and none have the same stop screw. I did look at tower and they have it so my LHS should be able to get it by Friday. Thanks for offering parts :) , I really like how this hobby people are more than willing to do what ever they can to help there fellow hobbyist.

Thanks,

Paul

I got lucky, I got a scrap carb for a dynamite .32 engine and the stop screw was un-threaded on the tip and fit perfectly so I'm good to go................... :)

Paul

Cool!! I am going to try to run again this weekend. finally got it to quit burning plugs but now I can't seem to get enough heat in it to run good. Hopefully it will be hot this weekend.

Zach

I have a question regarding ride characteristics, Mine boat looks real good going down the straight but it gets a little rear end bounce in the corners. This bounce doesn't effect the ride, but I figure it is slowing me down. Is there something I am doing wrong, how can I correct this? During straight as far as I can tell the rear sponsons are out of the water, and when I go into the turns thats when the rears dig in and hop just a little until I come out of the turn then the boat jumps back up on plane. I also noticed that my rudder gets a little squirrelly, one minute it wants to track a little to the left next it wants to track a little to the right? When I am tracking a little left if I correct this the boat will track better ( just a quick steering correction). Hope someone knows what could be causing these issues?

Thanks for all the Help :)

Paul

Yes I am still using the 215 prop, and all that is different from when we talked is the strut was lowered about 1/16" to raise the back of the boat out of the water a little more. So strut is about 9/16" off the bottom of the tub instead of a 1/2".

Paul

Last edited by a moderator:
Well up until today all was going great. But today was just hell day. I went out this morning to test the boat out before racing tomorrow weather is suppose to be the same today as tomorrow. Launched boat ran great, near the end of the run it started slowing down so I brought it in and the fuel nipple on the carb was loose so tightened that back up and ran it again. Then my exhaust gasket blew out, so I took gasket out and tried running again. This time boat seamed to be running good. then it started to slow again so I went to bring it in and when I got to shore I had no throttle control and the boat flew up on shore. The screw that holds the throttle arm on the carb had come loose and was just moving freely on the carb. Damage is broken rudder, broken flex shaft dinged prop and very minor body damage. I got everything fixed and went back out about 830 tonight in hopes of getting a couple runs in. I started it up put boat in water it went about 100' and died so got it out richened it up and started again then boat stops instantly and the flywheel was spinning, I knew I had broke at least the connecting rod if not more (it was the connecting rod). It is now 925pm and I am debating on if I want to throw my other engine in the boat so at least i can race tomorrow, only problem is I cant really test unless I do it in the dark tonight............................... I could have been working, it could be worse.

Paul

Wow... Thats a really sucky day Paul. I hope it gets better. I can't run today. 2yrs 6months girl says we gotta go to the springs. I did finally get it paibted and finished up though. Here are some pics of it now:

I figured since I haven't been able to run I would dig out py painting equipment and go to town. A little rusty but I have a couple more to paint for a couple of customers so it should be musch better. This one is kinda plain. The newxt to monos I have to paint a getting flame jobs.

hope you like,

Zach

The paint job looks great Zach. Well I did change out engines last night and put in the traxxas .15 ........................... geez I don't like that engine. I took the boat to my local pond at 615am just to try and get a little testing on it before I went to the race with it, that didn't go so well either at first. I put the boat in the water did like 4 laps around the pond and the boat died. After fishing the boat out I discovered the HSN body had snapped off, so went back home took an OS needle body I had and put that in the traxxas carb and went back to the pond (Finally got it to run ok). So off to the races I went, I got a whole 25pts today wooooooohoooooooo first heat got 3 laps in before I hit buoy 1 , 2nd and 3rd heat during mill boat died. So it wasn't a good day for me again , but I am not discouraged I am just gonna try try again. I did pay for my D hydro kit am suppose to pick it up tomorrow, I am gonna try and build this boat and have it ready to run in a race in 7 weeks from yesterday I'm not sure I can do that but I will try ($$$$ will be the biggest difficulty). Ohhhhhhhhhh I was thinking on the way home from todays race why my connecting rod broke, could I have weakened it hitting shore (I did hit hard enough to completely twist the flex apart)????

Paul

if it broke the flex then probably. did you notice any noise when you went to re-start is?? My guess is that the abrupt stop of the prop caused the rod end to stretch or crack. What D hydro kit did you get??

Hawk 7.5 kit with OPS .45 also David Preusse turn fin and a fuel cell for that hawk for $100........................ if anything else for that boat can be found by the seller when getting it together today I could get lucky and get that too. Ya know about hearing noises from the engine, anything is possible. I just hope thats why it broke, I have been trying to run on the Fat side always (been checking plug after every run to make sure I am still looking fat). The more I run the more I am getting into post run care and maintenance.

Paul

The flex I made up hasent fallen apart so I am happy about that, was a little worried it wouldnt hold up (never put a flex and prop shaft together).

Last edited by a moderator:
Hawk 7.5 kit with OPS .45 also David Preusse turn fin and a fuel cell for that hawk for $100........................ if anything else for that boat can be found by the seller when getting it together today I could get lucky and get that too. Ya know about hearing noises from the engine, anything is possible. I just hope thats why it broke, I have been trying to run on the Fat side always (been checking plug after every run to make sure I am still looking fat). The more I run the more I am getting into post run care and maintenance.

Paul

The flex I made up hasent fallen apart so I am happy about that, was a little worried it wouldnt hold up (never put a flex and prop shaft together).

I am glad here the flex is holding up. Did you use silver solder or loc-tite? Thats pretty cheap for that hawk.

I used silver solder. I thought for $100 a hawk kit, ops .45 engine ,fuel cell and D. Preusse turn fin was a real good deal?

Paul

Back