Blazzin .12

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gooycheese

Chat Moderator
Well took boat out for maiden voyage, ummm didn't go so well. I couldn't get the boat to come on the pipe or get up on plane. It would putt around at what sounded like half throttle (with throttle wide open). The new boat float much better, although I do have a leak in the radio box I think around the front boot (the rear is solid no leaks). So I let it all dry tonight and try again tomorrow, Ohhh this boat is so far tracking very nice. I guess play with richness and pipe length, I am running at 2 turns out on the HS needle. If anyone has any suggestions Please Help.

Thanks Paul

To update everyone on setup:

Engine - OS CV-R .12

Running Gear - Hughey Hardware

Pipe - Macs 2.5 pipe @ 8" plug to fat of pipe

Prop - b215

http://www.intlwaters.com/index.php?automo...=si&img=912

Last edited by a moderator:
Well took boat out for maiden voyage, ummm didn't go so well. I couldn't get the boat to come on the pipe or get up on plane. It would putt around at what sounded like half throttle (with throttle wide open). The new boat float much better, although I do have a leak in the radio box I think around the front boot (the rear is solid no leaks). So I let it all dry tonight and try again tomorrow, Ohhh this boat is so far tracking very nice. I guess play with richness and pipe length, I am running at 2 turns out on the HS needle. If anyone has any suggestions Please Help.

Thanks Paul

Engine - OS CV-R .12

Prop - b215

215 sounds like too much prop for a .12. CARTER

Thanks Paul

Engine - OS CV-R .12

Prop - b215

what type hull are you running?

Thanks Paul

Engine - OS CV-R .12

Prop - b215

what type hull are you running?
i see you`re running a rigger. i would lean more towards running too rich. CARTER

The Boat was made by Tom Moorehouse, I did modify it a little and did do finishing work to it but the raw hull was made by Tom. It is a blazzin .12 of his design, he recommends a b215 prop as a place to start. I think maybe my pipe is a little too short, and yes maybe its not rich enough. I will try different things at the pond either later tonight or tomorrow. Thanks For all your Help, I am still open to all Help (I need it for sure) :)

Paul

Here is a pic of the boat when Tom was building it. The one unpainted is the Blazzin.

https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/displayimage...cat=0&pos=0

Here is a pic the way I got it, next to my micro rigger.

http://www.intlwaters.com/index.php?automo...=si&img=212

p.s. I was told to try a 1440 prop by Mark Sholund, I have a 1440,x442,x440 to try .

The Boat was made by Tom Moorehouse, I did modify it a little and did do finishing work to it but the raw hull was made by Tom. It is a blazzin .12 of his design, he recommends a b215 prop as a place to start. I think maybe my pipe is a little too short, and yes maybe its not rich enough. I will try different things at the pond either later tonight or tomorrow. Thanks For all your Help, I am still open to all Help (I need it for sure) :)

Paul

Here is a pic of the boat when Tom was building it. The one unpainted is the Blazzin.

https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/displayimage...cat=0&pos=0

Here is a pic the way I got it, next to my micro rigger.

http://www.intlwaters.com/index.php?automo...=si&img=212

p.s. I was told to try a 1440 prop by Mark Sholund, I have a 1440,x442,x440 to try .
sounds to me you`re too rich, not too lean. good luck. CARTER

Ok I went back out tonight to see what I could figure out. Well 1 1/2 turns out the boat would die when it went 15" 2 1/2 -2 3/4 boat would run and putt around but there really wasn't any throttle (I could let off the throttle to a 1/4 and it almost sounded like the boat would pick up a little speed or engine would rev a little higher). Pipe at 8 1/2 boat wouldn't run pipe at 8 boat would putt around. I cant figure out why the boat wont pick up speed, it does sorta look like it is plowing a little water. Could I need to adjust angle of attack on front sponsons, could someone please look at my pics and see if they can see anything that looks wrong (Thank You).

Paul

http://www.intlwaters.com/index.php?automo...=si&img=917

Ok I went back out tonight to see what I could figure out. Well 1 1/2 turns out the boat would die when it went 15" 2 1/2 -2 3/4 boat would run and putt around but there really wasn't any throttle (I could let off the throttle to a 1/4 and it almost sounded like the boat would pick up a little speed or engine would rev a little higher). Pipe at 8 1/2 boat wouldn't run pipe at 8 boat would putt around. I cant figure out why the boat wont pick up speed, it does sorta look like it is plowing a little water. Could I need to adjust angle of attack on front sponsons, could someone please look at my pics and see if they can see anything that looks wrong (Thank You).

Paul

http://www.intlwaters.com/index.php?automo...=si&img=917
front sponsons look too flat. start with about 3 degrees angle of attack.

Ok I am adjusting the angle of attack of the front sponsons and will reset the rears I think they are off a little too. Also the low speed needle was at 1 3/4, I think this is the problem (I will set it closer to 3 out and see how it goes tomorrow). By opening my LSN to 3 will my HSN have to be adjusted in some?

Thanks Paul

Well with HSN at 2 and the LSN at 2 1/2 the boat did get up on plane. Also adjust the front and rear sponsons according to what Tom verbally told me on the phone. Boat did run much better and was almost there. After further investigation I think my pipe is set at about 7 5/8 maybe 7 3/4 and the boat really never got on the pipe completely, I will try lengthening the pipe and see if that helps. I will also try running richer on both needles and see what that does, if there is anything else I could try Please Help.

Thanks Paul

I think the boat was doing mid 30's, and throttle was starting to respond. But I could goto 3/4 throttle with no change in rpms?

Well with HSN at 2 and the LSN at 2 1/2 the boat did get up on plane. Also adjust the front and rear sponsons according to what Tom verbally told me on the phone. Boat did run much better and was almost there. After further investigation I think my pipe is set at about 7 5/8 maybe 7 3/4 and the boat really never got on the pipe completely, I will try lengthening the pipe and see if that helps. I will also try running richer on both needles and see what that does, if there is anything else I could try Please Help.
Thanks Paul

I think the boat was doing mid 30's, and throttle was starting to respond. But I could goto 3/4 throttle with no change in rpms?

Hey Paul,

What kind of pipe are you running? 8.5 sounds waaay to long and 2.5 out sounds way to lean. I a running my pipe at about 5.5 inches and Hs needle flush as well as the lowside needle, and I don't believe the 215 to be way to uch either M frien ryon is able to run and H7 on his boat takes a little to get but once it does you better move and keep it straight use it doesn't turn well with it on there. The 215 should be good I just think you have the pipe to long and the hs needle to lean. I am also running a FF12.

Zach

Thanks , I only have to say is I have never heard of 5.5" almost everyone says some where between 7 3/4 to 8 1/4 . Actually both needles are about flush maybe a half turn in from flush. What engine are you running? Ohhh the pipe I am using is a macs - http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti00...LXZ557&P=ML

Thanks Paul
I had never heard of 5.5 either!! Until I measured it, I got the boat pretty much completely set up when I got all i did was a little tuning. Thats what the pipe was at when i got it. 5.5 from the plug to the center of the pipe. I am also running the same pipe as you as well. I am running an os 12tr(s) also. A little different maybe a little more pep but should be close.

Good Luck,

Zach

Here are a couple of pics of my boat if they help:

Zach, dig the new paint ;)

typicaly we measure the pipe length as the gases flow. In other words measure the whole header not just in the air from the plug to the weld. There is about 2" worth of header you are not measuring. ;)

Zach, dig the new paint ;) typicaly we measure the pipe length as the gases flow. In other words measure the whole header not just in the air from the plug to the weld. There is about 2" worth of header you are not measuring. ;)

Thanks Adam,

I didn't know that. I am used to measuring larger pipes right out the back. Including header looks like about 7.5.

Thanks again Adam, Btw waiting on some new props from Mark, and thanks for telling me about Gary for the shaft,

I will let you know how it does with the new props.

Zach

Well I am Happy tonight, ran boat and engine died boat floated for probably about 1hr tonight ( did some fishing while waiting :) ). But after the hour long floating the radio box was finally dry, at last a dry radio box . Ok tomorrow I go back out with pipe at 7.75 the engine just doesn't want to get on pipe, I will try shortening it a .25 at a time and see how it goes. If that doesn't work I will be trying a car pipe, Ive see alot people using them on .12's and it was also suggested to me to try. Your boat looks good Zach, what size tank is that in there 4oz I cant fit a 4 in mine for some reason? Mine is a melted down 4 right now until I can afford a new tank from Walt.

Thanks For all the Info :)

Paul

Well I am Happy tonight, ran boat and engine died boat floated for probably about 1hr tonight ( did some fishing while waiting :) ). But after the hour long floating the radio box was finally dry, at last a dry radio box . Ok tomorrow I go back out with pipe at 7.75 the engine just doesn't want to get on pipe, I will try shortening it a .25 at a time and see how it goes. If that doesn't work I will be trying a car pipe, Ive see alot people using them on .12's and it was also suggested to me to try. Your boat looks good Zach, what size tank is that in there 4oz I cant fit a 4 in mine for some reason? Mine is a melted down 4 right now until I can afford a new tank from Walt.

Thanks For all the Info :)

Paul
Yeah its a 4 I had to take a lighter to mine too. LOL I want one from walt but the budget doesn't have room for it. I would go 2mm- 1/8 at a time on the pipe that way you don't do to much. If you at 7.75 now I don't think you are to far off.

Zach

Back