bit confused on plugs.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

opio

Well at the test pond this weekend I was told I should try some hot plugs for my .12. I'm running 50% nitro with a NR motor. So is there a clear cut path like normally cold plug for high nitro, or what lol?

lost in plugs,

Jeremy

no offense to those who offered there suggestions at the pond lol

I like the O'Donnell purple plugs for 50%, whats your head volume and squish set at?

Better McCoy MC-59 or O Donnell "Red" Good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
ok so like on the mccoys that say mc-9 for high nitro, that really does not matter much, its more about the motor?

opio,,, i run hot plugs in everything i own,,,granted i own nothing larger than a .21... imho,, hot is the only way to fly with the little guys... :) ...

i have to agree with chris wood on the k&b 1L plugs,,,gotta love em... i have great luck with them,,, if im killin em,,, i know somthin is wrong with the tune or the engine..

alden

You likely have a fair amount head volume even though it is an NR.

Also 50% is considered high nitro, so it would help to advance your ignition

timing with the hottest plug, K&B 1L, Red's or MC59. The McCoy 59's have a

larger hole where the plug element resides and if you already have a too large button bubble volume the K&B1L would be a better choice.

If you still have to lean it to a point where is pops or bends the element

try pinching the water down and richen the fuel up.

Its really better to heat the smaller engines by cutting the water cooling instead

of heating by running lean, it leads to less lube for all the parts and thats no good.

Small engines, hot plugs (for boat engines),, if they won't hold up when everythings optimized, go to a K&B "HP", McCoy 8 or the medium of other plugs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back