Bill McGraw

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CharlieB

Please let everyone know, Bill McGraw went into the Whitehaven hospital last Friday afternoon, Dec-11 with his lungs congested.

Since then his condition has gotten worse to the point where they must keep him sedated with Zanix to breath.

When they reduce the Zanix he wakes up and starts moving around and trying to get out of bed.

This causes him to be short of oxygen and then he gets frantic so they give him another dose of Zanix to calm him which puts him back to sleep.

When he is sleeping he breaths OK, but as soon as they let him wake up he starts getting frantic again and immediately gets out of breath.

Unfortunately, the doctor said it will not get any better than this.

Last night the doctor said they can let Bill stay in the Whitehaven hospital for the 20 or so days that Medicare/Medicaid will pay for

then Dennis has to move him to a nursing home or pay a fortune to have 24/7 nursing care at the house.

Basically, Bill's future is pretty bleak and there is nothing that can be done to help him.

Dennis is legally in charge and facing some serious decisions, none of which are good.

Bill and Dennis could use a strong dose of prayer!

Charlie............

This is sad to hear. Bill has always been a very important to all of us in the boating community, and all we can do right now is to say a prayer for him for a speedy recovery.When anyone heard the name Speedmaster, the man behind it all is Bill. Keep his family in your thoughts at this Holiday time.

Randy

Sounds like it is all in God's hands at this point. Sad at this time of year. Definitely an important part of this community for many years. Let's pray for a miracle or at least for comfort for him and his family at this most difficult time.

All my best.

Tony K.

Bill

Old friend my prayers are with you. And Dennis my God bless for all you do for Bill.

Dave Bestpitch

NAMBA98

Friends, I talked with Dennis (Bill's son) last night. The doctors are keeping him comfortable and expect him to live for another few days. Dennins seems to be taking things well and is very thankful that they had taken care of all of the arrangements several years ago when Bill's health started turning for the worse.

Please keep Bill, Dennis and the rest of the family in your prayers.

Bill, we had many great times together...I look forward to seeing you again when my turn comes...

Glenn

I sure dont know Bill for as long as you guys.....but the few times i talked to him, he sure made me feel like i did....one of the nicest guys in this hobby i ever met...always glad to help in anyway possible......God how this "getting older" stuff is hard to take sometimes...i will say a prayer for he and his family.......

Last edited by a moderator:
Please let everyone know, Bill McGraw went into the Whitehaven hospital last Friday afternoon, Dec-11 with his lungs congested.

Since then his condition has gotten worse to the point where they must keep him sedated with Zanix to breath.

When they reduce the Zanix he wakes up and starts moving around and trying to get out of bed.

This causes him to be short of oxygen and then he gets frantic so they give him another dose of Zanix to calm him which puts him back to sleep.

When he is sleeping he breaths OK, but as soon as they let him wake up he starts getting frantic again and immediately gets out of breath.

Unfortunately, the doctor said it will not get any better than this.

Last night the doctor said they can let Bill stay in the Whitehaven hospital for the 20 or so days that Medicare/Medicaid will pay for

then Dennis has to move him to a nursing home or pay a fortune to have 24/7 nursing care at the house.

Basically, Bill's future is pretty bleak and there is nothing that can be done to help him.

Dennis is legally in charge and facing some serious decisions, none of which are good.

Bill and Dennis could use a strong dose of prayer!

Charlie............
I went down this road a year ago with my mom. Its hard to let go. Prayers for Bill and family. God Speed and I hope he does not have to suffer. Mike Schindler

I sure dont know Bill for as long as you guys.....but the few times i talked to him, he sure made me feel like i did....one of the nicest guys in this hobby i ever met...always glad to help in anyway possible......God how this "getting older" stuff is hard to take sometimes...i will say a prayer for he and his family.......
Same here , always a pleasure to talk to Bill . I look into the rafters in my garage at boats that all have stuff from Bill and a conversation to go with every order . Thinking about him and the family .

Back