BILL MCGRAW UPDATE

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very sad news , Mr Bill was a wonderful person.

I think we should turn this thread into happy memories of Bill instead of the sadness of his passing .

I remember meeting Bill in 1994 at the Spring Nats , he was so easy to talk to no ego just a straight up guy .

I will never forget watching his 20 hydro that weekend , everyone stopped what they were doing to watch him race because they new his boats were something special to watch and he did not dissapoint.

After every heat people would gather around him asking him all kinds of questions and he did his best to answer them all.

What amazed me most that weekend was he treated everyone like a friend , and that is something special.

Tim Kish

It is never easy to hear of the news that a friend has passed on. Bill did so much for this hobby for many, many years. It was such a big part of his life. He had friends all over the world. I have known Bill since the 1970's when I was buying Rossi engines for my controline Scale Racing airplanes. I always enjoyed talking with him on the phone and when I was a District Director and then President of IMPBA I would always ask him things just to get his valued opinion. Pretty smart guy, Bill was...................not just about boats and engines, but about people and life.

We will always remember the awesome fast B Hydros he brought to the races, that little grin you would get now and then when you asked a question about his boat set-up or his engine and what made them work, and that laugh that he had when something funny was said. It was so fitting that he was put in the IMPBA Hall of Fame earlier this year.

I would like to send my thoughts and prayers out to Dennis and the family and let them know that Bill is at peace, now. Be proud of him that so many people in this world loved and respected him greatly.

Dick Tyndall

We lost a great boater and contributor to this hobby, but more important a friend and buddy. We spent may hours talking "Boat Talk".

It was an honor to have helped him become a member in the IMPBA Hall of Fame. NO ONE is more deserving than Mr. Bill. It was a priviledge to just have known him.

Charles Perdue

Modelboating is made up of many good people that work together to improve our hobby. We all suffer when we lose one of our modelboating friends. Bill will be missed by many.

I had spoken to Bill many times over the years before I first met him in person. It was at the Southern Gentlemen's Hydro Invitational in the late 1980's. He came up to me to say "Hi Al, I'm Bill, it's about time we got together." He knew a lot of us, and he always treated me well. My sincere condolences to his family and friends.

Al Hobbs

Guys,

Dennis, Bill's son ask me to let everyone know that Bill passed away peacefully in his sleep at approximately 6:45 PM this evening.

Thank you all for your prayers of support during this difficult time.

Charlie.............
We will no forget YOU, Bill! For a long time ahead YOU will still help us. It was great to have you like a teacher and friend. Boris

Bill was a great friend of mine and I will miss him.

If you know how much he loved his 20 hydros, you will understand this:

I am positive that he has the fastest 20 hydro and is turning the most RPM's from his Nova Rossi on the pond in Heaven. :)

Marty Davis

Last edited by a moderator:
Rest in peace, Bill

My condolences to his family.

Even though I am sure he is in a far better place, I will miss him.

Ken

Rest in peace my old friend and thank you for all you have done

You will truely be missed.

Back