$ Bill Dash

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

lohring

Does anyone have good pictures of the $ Bill instrument panel? I have a poor picture plus some pictures of similar boat's instrument panels.

Lohring Miller

Lohring,

Check Google Images - 1968 U-25. First pic that came up was a left rear 1/4 shot of the Eagle Electric (same boat) with a pretty good look at the dash.

Larry

I have that picture, but it doesn't look the same as the other poor quality picture I have.

Lohring Miller

Hey Lohring & Larry,

Oooo, Oooo, can I play?? How about these two Lohring. A little SWAG, and no one will notice. CHEERS !!! Bob

Thanks, I'll probably go with the Eagle Electric instrument panel since those are the best pictures. Now to get the dummy engine to fit over the Zenoah cylinder. I've got the ride pads glued down, the foam air dam replaced, and all the other band aid fixes the crew came up with made more permanent. I still can't believe what it took to keep the turn fin on and straight.

The boat needs to be really scale to set a gas scale two lap record this fall. I think we have the engine & props to go even faster than at the Championships. There we ended up being the quickest boat on that short course.

Lohring Miller

I see what you mean! I had no idea they had made big changes like that. BTW - Nice (and rare) pics Bob! The $Bill was pretty much an also-ran until Heerensberger bought it so there probably aren't a lot of pics out there. Still, I'd give David a shout. Roger took a lot of shots of some pretty obscure stuff!

Hey Lohring & Larry,

Oooo, Oooo, can I play?? How about these two Lohring. A little SWAG, and no one will notice. CHEERS !!! Bob
wow Bob you never cease to amaze me.....that U-25 pic is the bomb. May have to do that someday

Gotta love the details visible on that Merlin too. Has me thinking I may need to head down to the HARM and get more detail shots of one ;)

Picked up another tidbit of info on the $Bill. A good friend of mine talked to a former crew-member of the Eagle Electric. The $Bill was born with an Allison and still had one in it when it was bought late in '67. He said the only time the $Bill ran a Merlin was when they hired Bill Muncey to drive it at 2 races in 1966. He also said the boat was in pretty poor shape when they got it. They had to completely gut the hull & re-do all the systems.

Picked up another tidbit of info on the $Bill. A good friend of mine talked to a former crew-member of the Eagle Electric. The $Bill was born with an Allison and still had one in it when it was bought late in '67. He said the only time the $Bill ran a Merlin was when they hired Bill Muncey to drive it at 2 races in 1966. He also said the boat was in pretty poor shape when they got it. They had to completely gut the hull & re-do all the systems.
And I just spent a lot of time on a scale Merlin. At least that's the engine in the few pictures I have.

Lohring Miller

Back