Beware of splashed Lynx

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope to have that remedied very soon. Have you tried to order a Crapshooter? Those who want a real one are willing to wait. Go ahead and get a copy. When it runs like crap due to being warped, or inferiorly manufactured, you can come back for a real one. That's up to the consumer. Some folks buy knock off Rolex's, too.

As I have said all along, I can't really stop some one from making a knock off. But I can inform those looking for one that there is a poor copy out there. If you want to buy the copy, go ahead. Just don't ask me for support when it doesn't perform as you had hoped.

Making a direct knock off of someone elses work is fraud. May or may not be punishable by law in some cases but that does not excuse it. Now, taking a hull and making major changes to the length, width, underside, topside and cowl to the extent that the original lines are not recognized is different. This has happened thousands of times in the manufacture of lifesize boats. Back in the late 70's when deep V go fast boats were all the rage, if there were 25 builders making these boats, almost all of them could be traced back to 3 hull designs....Hunt, Arownow and Bertram. Those other builders did nothing wrong. But to pop molds directly off the hulls, deck and cowls would earn you the disrespect of everyone in the industry.

Back to our sport, the lure of making some tax free money while simply splashing someone elses work deserves no respect at all. But, proof of the kind of people we have in our world today, just scroll back up and look at the posts that actually take up for the splasher. Just because the Lynx was a fast boat and not available did not give anyone the right to steal it. If you want one that bad then use some of the same ideas and build one (from scratch) yourself.

Making a direct knock off of someone elses work is fraud. May or may not be punishable by law in some cases but that does not excuse it. Now, taking a hull and making major changes to the length, width, underside, topside and cowl to the extent that the original lines are not recognized is different. This has happened thousands of times in the manufacture of lifesize boats. Back in the late 70's when deep V go fast boats were all the rage, if there were 25 builders making these boats, almost all of them could be traced back to 3 hull designs....Hunt, Arownow and Bertram. Those other builders did nothing wrong. But to pop molds directly off the hulls, deck and cowls would earn you the disrespect of everyone in the industry.
Back to our sport, the lure of making some tax free money while simply splashing someone elses work deserves no respect at all. But, proof of the kind of people we have in our world today, just scroll back up and look at the posts that actually take up for the splasher. Just because the Lynx was a fast boat and not available did not give anyone the right to steal it. If you want one that bad then use some of the same ideas and build one (from scratch) yourself.
Yep the same thing happened to the day crusier market i the late 70's about 5 different factories made nearly direct copies of Campbell day cruisers. Tahiti was the worst knockoff

c3ccee4ba9e8183c7381726c1e47f839--1--P1010022JPG--large.jpg

main.jpg

vb-005.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I am now prepared to identify the splasher. I have received independent verification of the relationship between Bob Cormier (Evolution Hobbies) and Craig Tokarski (Hi-Tech Marine Hobbies). Craig has splashed a Lynx and is making them with Bob selling them through his Evolution Hobbies, and perhaps other channels. Bob is not the innocent victim he purported himself to be in the radio box thread. He was marketing the hulls as a true Lynx and directed folks to Craig as the manufacturer. Both of those names should be familiar to folks familiar with another one of our other favorite folks on here. The 4 hulls already sold by Bob and the 'virgin' one he has for himself are all copies. They do not have the proper internal structure that makes the Lynx stable at high speeds. They are simply 2 shells that are glued together. Though I don't know the exact manufacturing method employed, I seriously doubt that the haves are jig bonded the way a Lynx is.

Please beware of both of these individuals, as I am hearing of deals gone bad and $$$ lost. Deal with them if you choose, I can't stop you or them. But be aware of the type of folks you are dealing with. When asking for support from me for your Lynx, I will ask for the serial number or photos if you are not on my order list. It is my choice who I do business with. If anyone has a question on how to identify a true Lynx PM me, and after I am satisfied that you are who you say you are, I'll tell you what to look for.

Enough said. And no Bob, I will not sell you a true Lynx.

:ph34r: I'm stayin' out of this one! :ph34r:

I don't think there would be spashed boats, if builders could keep up with the demand.

shane

Heres an idea . if you don't want to wait and buy a really good boat ,or you don't just want a copy , Build your own WOF style and make a boat not everyone can have .

Hell you may even learn something

Ed

I don't think there would be spashed boats, if builders could keep up with the demand.shane
Thats not true, the better the seller the more the ripoffs come out of the wood work.........It happens all the time.... Look at all the DF copies from china

Socco, No need to get upset or personal. As I stated, the boat in Terry's pics appears to be is a genuine Lynx. I have never claimed to be an expert on all tunnels. But when it comes to the Lynx, I think I know what I'm talking about. What makes a Lynx the boat it is, is not it's appearance; it is how it is built. That's why I keep saying I need to see a pic on the fuel tank well interior. Heck someone could make a cheap copy of one from the original molds. That technically wouldn't be a splash, but it would be an inferior product. But then again, maybe I'm all wrong. I'll just keep doing what I'm doing. I just want to be sure that the folks interested in the Lynx know that there is a cheap copy out there being marketed as the original.
ok jon but this boat was not cheap at all.ok well im done writing on these two threads ive said all ive wanted to say about the lynx and im moving foward with new boats and im only getting faster day by day so good luck jon with your search and your build and bob were still friends i hope after all of this.

I am now prepared to identify the splasher. I have received independent verification of the relationship between Bob Cormier (Evolution Hobbies) and Craig Tokarski (Hi-Tech Marine Hobbies). Craig has splashed a Lynx and is making them with Bob selling them through his Evolution Hobbies, and perhaps other channels. Bob is not the innocent victim he purported himself to be in the radio box thread. He was marketing the hulls as a true Lynx and directed folks to Craig as the manufacturer. Both of those names should be familiar to folks familiar with another one of our other favorite folks on here. The 4 hulls already sold by Bob and the 'virgin' one he has for himself are all copies. They do not have the proper internal structure that makes the Lynx stable at high speeds. They are simply 2 shells that are glued together. Though I don't know the exact manufacturing method employed, I seriously doubt that the haves are jig bonded the way a Lynx is.
Please beware of both of these individuals, as I am hearing of deals gone bad and $$$ lost. Deal with them if you choose, I can't stop you or them. But be aware of the type of folks you are dealing with. When asking for support from me for your Lynx, I will ask for the serial number or photos if you are not on my order list. It is my choice who I do business with. If anyone has a question on how to identify a true Lynx PM me, and after I am satisfied that you are who you say you are, I'll tell you what to look for.

Enough said. And no Bob, I will not sell you a true Lynx.
Jon

I do not know where your info came from but make sure you have your facts correct. I do get hulls from Craig and if you visit my shop you will see that they are ALL mono hulls of the vee variety. I also buy hulls from several other builders. As far as anyone coming to my shop and seeing any other type of hull they should ask first where they are from and not jump to conclusions. Now, getting back to your original belly aching. The Lynx hull is NOT a propriatary hull, it is not copyrighted or is there any registered trademark on the hull. If someone is making the hulls then start doing the right thing and protect your backside. After all is said and done you may find that these might be manufactured overseas very soon. From what I understand Carl was the only one that new how to make these and your agreement was to keep everything the same, this you have not done. I also understand that since you have had the molds you have only produced two hulls and even those were not properly joined because you could not duplicate the originals. also, are you the person that was supposed to make just a limited quantity for club members ? , if so why are you selling these to others. I wish you well in your venture but your too slow at getting anything done and I feel that the new Sniper is the boat to own. As far as this thread goes a mod can close it at any time because it's nothing but a peeing contest brought on by you and some others that think they know what is going on. I believe one of the instigators lives here in Maine and he should keep away from the drinking. Last item Jon, show me where deals have gone bad and money lost because I want you to show proof of anyone that has dealt with me losing money on any boat or anything to do with the marine items. You better show proof in your statement on my dealings with Craig and it should be hard copy not something verbal.. Those comments alone are considered libel, do you get my drift son ?

I don't think there would be spashed boats, if builders could keep up with the demand.shane
Thats not true, the better the seller the more the ripoffs come out of the wood work.........It happens all the time.... Look at all the DF copies from china
Ok, help me out here. Is a "DF" a mono, hydro, tunnel, or offshore cat? :blink: Surely, it cannot be an acronym for something profane.

JD

Ok, help me out here. Is a "DF" a mono, hydro, tunnel, or offshore cat? :blink: Surely, it cannot be an acronym for something profane.

JD
I beieve that DF is a Delta Force

I have my records. I don't need to post them. It isn't libel if it is the truth. Your attorney can see them during discovery. Your the one with the shady past, not me. And Craig seems to have dropped off the face of the earth with folks looking for him for items owed. You need to read my statements very closely. The fact is that you did sell 4 splashed Lynx, and I know all 4 buyers. Funds have had to be recovered via charge card reversals or disputes. These are the facts. You represented the hulls you sold as Lynx, and now you say that the buyer shouldn't assume it is a genuine article; you are a real piece of work! I also have all the emails you sent me claiming to be an innocent victim and not knowing where the hulls came from; again a lie. Bring it on convict.

You obviously didn't read my post. I don't own the Lynx, only make them. Carl and I discussed my manufacturing plan before we entered into the agreement; and unless you have a copy of our agreement, you have no idea what the terms are. I don't know anything about making boats for club members, our agreement was for commercial sales. Bonding the hulls was never the issue, finding a gel coat compatible with epoxy was. And I do build them exactly as Carl's internal design specified, I just use a stronger material system. And since you weren't a buyer of any of my hulls, you have no idea of how I built them.

Enough of this, I don't owe you any answers. Your the one caught red handed. As I said I have independent verifcation and records, from more than one individual.

I have my records. I don't need to post them. It isn't libel if it is the truth. Your attorney can see them during discovery. Your the one with the shady past, not me. And Craig seems to have dropped off the face of the earth with folks looking for him for items owed. You need to read my statements very closely. The fact is that you did sell 4 splashed Lynx, and I know all 4 buyers. These are facts and not disputed. Funds have had to be recovered via charge card reversals or disputes. Again, facts. I have those records. Bring it on convict.
You obviously didn't read my post. I don't own the Lynx, only make them. Carl and I discussed my manufacturing plan before we entered into the agreement; and unless you have a copy of our agreement, you have no idea what the terms are. I don't know anything about making boats for club members, our agreement was for commercial sales. Bonding the hulls was never the issue, finding a gel coat compatible with epoxy was. And I do build them exactly as Carl's internal design specified, I just use a stronger material system.

Enough of this, I don't owe you any answers. Your the one caught red handed. As I said I have independent verifcation and records, and not from just one individual.
My last comment is this, these three(3) hulls were never sold as real Lynx hulls, I never advertised them as that and had asked members of the forum what they felt they were. they are the ones that verified them as real. socco72 bought 2 hulls and crazycat04071 here in Maine bought one. NO one has lost any money and the only chargeback you are referring to comes from crazycat who has been feeding you false information as to where the hulls came from. My dealings with Craig have all been good so whatever your referring to with him is between him and whomever, not my concern. Why all of a sudden on the other thread are you saying Carl is taking the molds back? This would make it seem like you screwed up somewhere along the way. As far as a shady past?

JD
I beieve that DF is a Delta Force
DING DING DING we have a winner

As far as this thread goes a mod can close it at any time because it's nothing but a peeing contest

LMAO! soo true... soo true... :lol:

So Jon when can we expect to see a lynx come out of production?? 6 months ago it was a few weeks... :huh:

Eh... i dont even like lynx hulls.. they cant handle anything but glass water...

Ok guys, I think its gone far enough. To all involved, please take this to PM's or emails. We dont need dirty laundry and accusations on the public pages of IW. Thanks, James

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back