Best Glue and Epoxy for Contructing Wood Hulls

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here,s another source for quality epoxy at a very good price. www.raka.com I saw this over on Jim's about a year ago and gave it a try. I found it to be very good. I can't prove it but I think this is the same as MAS. I had some leftover Mas resin and mixed some of the RAKA hardener in it. (both are 2-1 mix) It hardened perfectly. I use it for sealing, assembly and filets. It works fine for all those. I've used it on several wood boats since last year with no problems.

zpoxy with the garage door open should be ok? what do you think Mike?
Anthony...

As soon as you are done with what you are doing with that stuff.. switch.

It WILL get to the point you can not be near that stuff in a gal!

IF.. you are experiencing ANY chest discomfort with after using that stuff ITS TO LATE!..

Grim

sounds like titebond wood glue works well also eh? I have never even thought about trying that. BUT, might not be a bad idea!

if we are really looking at different stuff, Gorilla glue is very good for just bonding things.. slow though.. and messy.. but ****,,, it works well..

Polyurethane glues like Gorilla glue and or Elmers Glueall Max can be a bit hard to control (we used this to glue the center section foam to the sheeting of the Villain S1). but good none the less..

Just so you know.. heed the warnings on that stuff too.. I cannot use it without my space suit on!

Grim

THE BEST.... I have seen penatration of the glue into the foam as much as 1/2" (white foam)

Grim

Back