Bent rod????

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so what happened, did someone stuff a freighter & hydrolock it :rolleyes: :lol: :lol: ??? can't begin to imagine the forces it took to accomplish something like that.

Was this out of a drag car? Pic is deceiving but the plastic it's sitting on and elastic band behind it are something to relate the size to.

That's definately not out of a diesel engine. By the look of the brackets on the left end, it looks like it's part of a press of some sort

That's definately not out of a diesel engine. By the look of the brackets on the left end, it looks like it's part of a press of some sort
Yeah and the way its attached to the floor- or WAS pending on the state of repair in the pic :rolleyes:

Doesn't look like an engine rod to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's what I was thinking. I seen it on Facebook and remembered a show I seen about cruise ships!! Can't remember but thought these engines go through 1k-2k gallons of fuel a hour.

I work on these things all the time, That is a catastrophic failure and very uncommon. It would be fun to discover what caused the damage

I work on these things all the time, That is a catastrophic failure and very uncommon. It would be fun to discover what caused the damage
That's what I was thinking. It has got to take some doing for that happen. It makes me wonder if something (parts/tools/maintenance equipment?) ended up in the crankcase that wasn't supposed to be there?

Back