belt driven outboard mono

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rcBPman

Ok so this boat was designed about around the time the Nitro Fury was out. That was the boat with the .12 buggy moter in it. I dont remember what company designed the boat, but someone who i had flown with had the boat and he gave it to me to tune it out and rebuild the moter. This was about 5 to 7 years ago.

This is the boat, let me know if you remember the name of it because i remember getting about 30mph out of it with prop and tune pipe.

Ok it has a .12 -.15 car motor with a 2 belt driven outboard on this plastic motor mount.

It was a Kit type set up and motor sold seperate along with radio.

Hull was made of ABC plastic with the fuel tank on top of the cowling.

The hull sat deep and high with alot of free space in there.

It was white with red and blue graphics.

It defenitaly was a different set up that i never worked with before, but prather still sells the belts that run the outboard drive.

I realy would love to find this boat and built it again because it was fun light and something so different.

PLEASE, if anyone knows what i'm talking about help me out. I even forget where i bought the replacement parts from.

This is what happens to a college kid's brain when they force you into remembering old english and crap that is never going to be used in my lifetime!!

Ok so if you have a clue let me know!!!

Thanks

---------------

Greg

SSI Racing

I think that the mono version was called the Freedom RZ or something close to that. If I remember, Rich only got about 17 MPH out of the tunnel version so I'd find 30 even with a tuned pipe amazing.

They are selling the tunnel version on eBay under the Dolphin/Stingray names. Promises of speeds in the 55-65 MPH range are a little on the outrageous side with a radio system that might work if you're lucky enough to get one that will. The "warranty" on those are a joke also.

Hmmm...I totally missed "mono" in the title. I was trying to remember the belt drive lower unit.

Thanks everyone.

Well now that is been somany years the hull and parts will not show up anywhere with ABC hobbies.

Well here is my next question, WHO WANTS TO SELL theirs???? If you have the Freedom RZ mono and are willing to sell let me know.

-----------

Greg

[email protected]

SSI Racing

Back