Befriend Your Bank Manager....

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

forresterace

Early tests by Steve Neu in the April issue of Quiet Flyer magazine indicate that the new GP 3700 cells may just be "the cell to beat in 2005" (his words).

Just swaping the 3300's for 3700's was good for 3MPH in testing the O-sport setup for the new Dark Horse Shovel. Better than 5% gain.

Brian

New cells for new cells? How did you measure the increase?

thanks

Steve

www.battlepack.com

quote=raptor347,Mar 14 2005, 01:04 AM]

Just swaping the 3300's for 3700's was good for 3MPH in testing the O-sport setup for the new Dark Horse Shovel. Better than 5% gain.

Brian

90077[/snapback]

Steve,

New cells for new cells. I built both the 3300's and 3700's from cells I recently bought from you. Three of four 3300 packs had a few runs on them, one 3300 pack was new as was the 3700 pack. All the cells came from you zapped. Speed was measured with a radar gun running strait at us from a set point across our test lake, no variations in angle relative to the gun.

The 3300's consistantly would run 48MPH, pass after pass. We actually noticed a diference in the sound of the boat with the 3700's on the 51MPH passes.

Brian

P.S. you have PM

Interesting, I am assuming that this increased speed is due to a possible higher voltage at the beginning of the discharge? The numbers are close on voltage average between 3300 cells and 3700 cells. Any thoughts?

thanks

Steve

raptor347 said:
Steve,New cells for new cells. I built both the 3300's and 3700's from cells I recently bought from you. Three of four 3300 packs had a few runs on them, one 3300 pack was new as was the 3700 pack. All the cells came from you zapped. Speed was measured with a radar gun running strait at us from a set point across our test lake, no variations in angle relative to the gun.

The 3300's consistantly would run 48MPH, pass after pass. We actually noticed a diference in the sound of the boat with the 3700's on the 51MPH passes.

Brian

P.S. you have PM

90218[/snapback]

Steve,

I'm begining to wonder if the difference in voltage drop doesn't show up at the current levels our test equipment runs at. The next time I run down to San Diego I'll see if I can get Steve Neu to run a couple tests at 100 amps and see what the difference is at that output level.

Brian

Back