Been a bit Hush Hush up to now

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grimracer

Nemesis update…

The new Nemesis tunnel hull is getting closer to completion each day. The new boat will under go final testing soon and kits should be available shortly after.

This is a real quick update and as it is i have yet to post this info on grimracer.com.

If the picture works, what you are seeing is indeed a tub style design.

The radio box and the sponsons bolt on and off. The cowl is a one-piece lexan part that also completes the top center of the hull. (you are seeing the plug for the tooling) The cowl is held in place with pins just like a RC car body. Posts not shown.. Look for new pictures soon.

Pricing not available at this time.

ROCK ON

Grimracer

Mike,

Any forcasts on when it will be available and what the price will be? I'm trying to figure out if one is in the picture for this upcomming season.

Kevin Bulifant

Jerry

Its differnt thats for sure.. the boat as the nickname "The Plate" When it hits the market you will see why.

amI

We are hoping for early april..no costing yet.

Tom

You bet...kits will be at the nats.

ROCK ON

MAN I LOVE TO SEE NEW PROD,S LOOKS REAL GOOD GRIM

LOOKS LIKE YOU HAVE REMOVED THE LIFT FROM THE COWL?? A LOT OF BUILDERS OVER LOOK THAT LLITTLE DETAIL :p

Jim

You are very observant...killing the lift was a top priority for this boat.

Thanks

Mike

I really like the cowling concept. I put this under the "Why didn't somebody do this before" area. Lexan, paint it on the inside with a whole lotta color choices and a clear or tinted windshield for more realism. Body clips a.k.a. hitch pins to hold it on. Mike really had his Thinking Cap on this time!

Any special reason for the blunt tips on the sponsons?

Any special reason for the blunt tips on the sponsons?

It hurts less when the boat run into your leg! :eek:

Not that it ever happend to me! ;)

Dale P.

Ron

Again, good catch.

The blunt tips allow less pitching as the boat is running. With a boat that has that much frontal area (sponsons) its a good idea not to sharpen the tips.

The cowl idea is in my DAH file too. Its 2004 for gods sake. Lexan parts are old as dirt..its just going to be the first time its been done as a tunnel cowl.

One more note.. As RCB said..its also a great way to avoid ugly hanger rash and missing body parts.

To all..What model tunnel kit does this most look like? If you have a hard time thinking of one do not be surprised. This is a new concept and its time to shake the lake, turn an bake, toast and cake, Janets boobs are fake, ....OK...OK...I will stop. :D

Grim

The detail on the laser cut parts is outstanding, check out the sides of the center section and tank mount :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike,

Still no radio box with a third servo!

What about of rocks that can't keep a tune. do rae me!!!! :rolleyes:

I can't spell either.

What about us rocks that can't carry a tune :huh:

re: radio box with third channel servo

It looks like the radio box is the same size as the one in the Villian S1. I was able to install a third channel servo in my Villain S1 radio box by installing the rudder and throttle servos side-by-side and then installing the third channel servo in back of of those two servos. I use this same installation on all my three channel radio boxes.

JD

Steven,

Hope you are well

Good call and we have that covered. The box in the pic (proto boat 2) and the box that come with the kit boat are different. As it is the kit comes with two servo trays one for 2 and the other for 3 servos. The kit box is also bigger.

There are also some other little value added surprises that come with the kit that are not shown in the pic.

There might also be some driver surprises for the racing dudes too. Hehehehe “evil laugh” If this boat pans out the way we expect it to….man….. im amped.

ROCK ON

Grim

Grim, when will the inboard .21 conversion be available? I really like the construction of the boat. Shows a lot of out of the "plate" thinking on your part. :ph34r:

Hey mike,

Great looking boat man, I think you are doing your homework, just one question.

The lexan cowl, will the fuel eat it... I know lexan is very very picky on what types of liquids/solvents it will and will not tolerate.

take care

chris

Back