BBY Phantom 8 - Nitro boat build

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Al P

Hey,

I have a Phantom 8 by BBY Boatworks and an O.S. Max .15CV-M on the way.

Can anyone recommend a pipe that would fit this engine for this set up? It will be covered with a hatch. I was thinking about the Pro Boat pipe from the Blackjack 26 or the Aquacraft .15 pipe set but don't know if they would fit.

I would also be interested in any good deals on a suitable radio box, fuel cell and outdrive/rudder ideas.

My other option is to make my own hardware.

Phantom_8_side.JPG

Hi AI P, its a cool looking little boat, but you may get a better response posting this in the "general" area. This is the Outboard Forum.

Good luck!

~James

Hi AI P, its a cool looking little boat, but you may get a better response posting this in the "general" area. This is the Outboard Forum.
Good luck!

~James

Thanks James. I noticed that after I started my new thread while reading in the outboard section. I have sent a PM to a moderator to get it moved.

The boat should look better after it gets some graphics.

Should I use special paint or dope on top of the paint ? It has been painted with Krylon.

If you mean "rattle can" Krylon, then you will have to have it clear coated with an automotive type clear coat. The Nitro will eat the spray can paint in a matter of minutes. Auto clear coat usually withstands nitro pretty well. There are many guy on here that know quite a bit about painting and will chime in.

~James

If you mean "rattle can" Krylon, then you will have to have it clear coated with an automotive type clear coat. The Nitro will eat the spray can paint in a matter of minutes. Auto clear coat usually withstands nitro pretty well. There are many guy on here that know quite a bit about painting and will chime in.
~James

Yep. Krylon rattle can. Plan "A" was to build an electric mono but then I decided to do something new to me...nitro. I build 6 electric boats (4 from scratch) but not a nitro boat.

I'll take it to the guy that painted my Eagle Talon and see if he can clear coat it for me.

Latest posts

Back