BB Hardware - Rudders and Struts

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jorgen Andersson

BB Hardware has now open a brand new webshop.

www.bbhardware.se

Rudders and struts for hydros.

Bengt Bjorkhage is a boating friend, I have no business connection.

7946269-shopw-ea1247.jpg

I have some of this hardware for the Eagles but the square struts on work on Eagles with the center ski is there a chance that he can make them with a full round nose piece to accomodate the new Eagles without the center ski.

This is great hardware!!!!!!!

Thanks,

Jose

I have some of this hardware for the Eagles but the square struts on work on Eagles with the center ski is there a chance that he can make them with a full round nose piece to accomodate the new Eagles without the center ski.

This is great hardware!!!!!!!

Thanks,

Jose
Belt sander .

I dont have one but a hand file does the trick also!!!!!

I looked in the web site and they have a round one for the 40 size boat but not for the 60 or 90.

Thanks,

Jose

I dont have one but a hand file does the trick also!!!!!

I looked in the web site and they have a round one for the 40 size boat but not for the 60 or 90.

Thanks,

Jose

Jose

Now you can find a round 90 strut, webshop has been updated.

Thanks

Jorgen

Last edited by a moderator:
My KEPS was built with all BB harrdware and it works perfectly. Great quality and if its good enough for the guy who came second at the Naviga WC in 2012, its definately good enough for me!

Martin

I don't see the wide rudder with two water out lets for the 90 boat?

I use that rudder and it is killer on the fast boats.

Would work real nice for the twin boats.

I was looking at the hardware from www.bbhardware.se this morning and I'll say again, it's some nice stuff. A little on the pricey side, but nice stuff.

I did however see a point on his strut that concerns me and should concern all of you.

Where the leg joins the tube that holds the shaft assembly, he has a sharp corner. In aluminum, that is a place for a crack to occur which could cause a catastrophic failure resulting in either severe damage to the boat or loss of the prop and shaft assembly.

I recommended to him that he replace those sharp corners with a 3mm corner radius.

I'm not trying to be critical here, but I have been in aerospace machining for over 40 years, and I have seen failures like that countless times.

Good luck guys,

Steve

I was looking at the hardware from www.bbhardware.se this morning and I'll say again, it's some nice stuff. A little on the pricey side, but nice stuff.

I did however see a point on his strut that concerns me and should concern all of you.

Where the leg joins the tube that holds the shaft assembly, he has a sharp corner. In aluminum, that is a place for a crack to occur which could cause a catastrophic failure resulting in either severe damage to the boat or loss of the prop and shaft assembly.

I recommended to him that he replace those sharp corners with a 3mm corner radius.

I'm not trying to be critical here, but I have been in aerospace machining for over 40 years, and I have seen failures like that countless times.

Good luck guys,

Steve

Hi Steve

Thanks for input, I have just talked to BB and he says that struts have been made for about three years and many of them raced at Naviga top level, no failures reported so far.

He will consider using a mill with radius in future production, especially on the 90 size struts.

Thanks

Jorgen

Latest posts

Back