Batteries

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitro_nemesis

Ok, seems like a dumb enough question but I wanted to ask the pros what they prefer or recommend. I've used just a regular square 4 AA pack but hate that you can't recharge them, and I've made a battery pack from some smaller nicads that were 1100 mah. I remember someone saying though that dry cells aren't good to use if you're running a fail safe ???? Any thoughts on this and what is a good choice to use !!! :unsure:

Thanks,

Mark

If you want to stay with the usual 4-cell battery pack you can pick up Nickle Metal Hydride batteries and the charger wherever digital cameras are sold like Wal-mart. I'm switching over to the NMH 5-cell packs for all of my boats, the size of the pack depending on how much room that I have in the radio box. I've converted over the small packs used in the Hobby Zone backyard fliers for my .12 boats but use the others in flat or hump style in the bigger ones. I have plenty of chargers around for both at home and field (pond) charging.

Hi all , im using Venom brand (pretty cheap ) 5 cell hump pack NiMh 1200 Mah (similar to the second ones Terry suggested), in all my boats , they are a good compact shape and even in my gas mono (it has a 24kg/cm servo for rudder and 18kg/cm servo for tabs) after 3 weeks away and playing with it most days , i discharged it and it still had 400 Mah left in it

possibly even more important that a decent battery is a very good charger,that can let you know what the charger has put into the battery, and what was left when discharged... i personally am using a Shultze charger , and i gotta say its fantastic

Hope it helps

BTW , my gas mono eats dry cells like there is no tomorrow

Andrew

Last edited by a moderator:
go check out monstercell batteries, i use the AA 2450mah 4 pack you can buy them at Circuit city or Best buy. They also have a website .They can be recharged and i have used them for 3 years now with good success. Chuck Hooper uses them on his gas boats and he swears by them too. These batteries are dry cell and have extreme power.

Back