Batavia - Almost LIVE ! ! !

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jstevens

I will do my best to post some of the results as the weekend progresses. I am looking forward to seeing all the faces that are registered for this event. There are quite a few classes that are looking awesome!

Pond level, well other than being stagnant you could walk across it to get your boat, in theory. The shallowest buoy was 1-1/2 feet. :rolleyes: The drought in this area is breaking all records. The water level is down probably 3 feet or more.

We were able to simplify the course and moved it closer to the drivers area. This gives some of the old farts like myself good visibility.

Those that chose to "boycott" Batavia, it goes without saying except we will enjoy the event without you and the more prizes for us!

I would like to thank all the sponsors that kicked in to either sponsor a class or donate prizes... all can be seen at www.bataviarc.com.

Jeffrey Stevens

Jeffrey,

After a call from Loren last night I figured I'd put a couple boats in the truck and head down to at least race on Saturday and hang with the guys. Then I wake up this morning to read this:

Those that chose to "boycott" Batavia, it goes without saying except we will enjoy the event without you and the more prizes for us!
In a word "childish". It goes without saying but you made a point of it anyway. Fine, live in your own world bud, I'm not going to be a part of it. I'm glad you have enough prizes, the sport hydro and skullcaps I was bringing can go to the next event.

Don't contact me again, I'm done with the BS coming from you. What a shame.

Paul.

Paul Pachmayer said:
Jeffrey,
After a call from Loren last night I figured I'd put a couple boats in the truck and head down to at least race on Saturday and hang with the guys.  Then I wake up this morning to read this:

In a word "childish". It goes without saying but you made a point of it anyway. Fine, live in your own world bud, I'm not going to be a part of it. I'm glad you have enough prizes, the sport hydro and skullcaps I was bringing can go to the next event.

Don't contact me again, I'm done with the BS coming from you. What a shame.

Paul.

109393[/snapback]

Paul,

You got to be kidding, I never mentioned any names. Though you were one of the locals but this post reveals your true colors!

You were NEVER planning on coming to Batavia, some excuse about moving, boats packed up, unpacking boats last, etc... You never sent the raffle prizes you promised this year or last year. Not too hard to do, everyone else could lick a stamp.

You can make whatever excuses you want.

The world I live in is reality. The reality is not where you are at! It is a shame but you chose what bed to sleep in. I really thought you were an alright guy, well you saved me some trouble and confirmed some suspicions.

No love lost here and have a nice day! :p

Onto the race....

Saturday Aug 6th...

We had some awesome boats and racing.

Ken Smith continues his sweeping of the mid west racing with some wins and really fast boats.

Chris Smith has proven his driving skills with his ZigZag yet again!

Klaus Mueller came with his 7 cell rigger which was really wicked fast and the fastest boat on the water. Estimates put him at around 55-60 MPH.

Jason Benson was the class of the field with his P Hydro 4 minute oval boat, he even did 16 laps one race.

Ed Hughey is starting a posse of racers, look-out they are starting to take Gold!

Howard Tucker and Alan Nayman really made a race in their classes. I think my ribs hurt too from all the joking around too....

The results were taken home by the CD Perry Stevens to be re-checked. I hope to do some actual posting tomorrow. . .

Everybody had fun and we finished Sat around 4pm.

Jeff

I have remained silent but I must reply...

Jeff, good luck in continuation of your pursuits. You speak of the pursuit of fun, then mix it with commentary of conspiracy built upon third party references. If differing opinions are entertained, it must mean a plot has been devised.

Most of us regard ourselves as friends. As friends we talk. When you tear someone to shreds regardless of perceived privacy it will be shared. Some of the barbs sting and do nothing to promote the hobby.

I do not care if you believe it or not, there are some of us that have been working for some time to better certain aspects of organized and/or sanctioned racing. For a time there appeared to be a shared interest in this so long as we did not use NAMBA or IMPBA names for new proposals. If for no other reason, there would be some vague connection back to one of those organizations.

Some bench racing occurs, discussions tabled about something another (at the table) may find odd or perhaps ridiculous about a recent event. This has and will continue to happen, I know there are things ridiculous in nature about our club. Unless I'm at that table I will not waste my time getting into a war of words while resting upon third party tips.

You appear to take someones perceived lack of planning or innitiative too personal, and turn it around into something nasty. You jump to conclusions about someones personal choice and dramatic change in personal circumstance too personal and attempt to destroy them publicly. Do we know who chose to boycott Batavia this year, was there a boycott? Where is the fun?

:unsure:

Andy,

There have been things that have come to my attention that I have had to face. I would prefer face to face unfortunately distances force me to use private emails or phone calls. I have plenty of facts to back up certain actions, words and conversations that I have made or yet to make.

When I do a major confrontation I prefer 1 on 1 face to face. When I have to resort via email I have kept it private with maybe only one other trusted person to see it for a reality check on my end. If someone gets shredded, the details do not go public and prefer keeping the email private on both ends.

I am a man of action, truth and don't believe in falsehoods or lies. You could look at what I have done with and for Batavia.

Being the point-man at this event I get plenty of info good or bad. Some of the bad stuff I can be constructive about try to change or fix. When bad stuff goes against my character then I have to do something about it.

Everyone has an opinion. If guys in 2005 don't decide to go back and run in 2006. It is no big deal. Although in 2005 I enjoyed every racers company and would hope they can come back again for another go in the 1st weekend in August.

Jeff

Some results....

N Spec Mono 19T

Ed Hughey

Ken Smith

Laura DeMasie

N Hydro

Ed Hughey

Klaus Mueller

P Spec Sport Hydro

Ken Smith

Loren Peters

Ned Schmidt

N Crackerbox Ironman

Ken Smith

Jeffrey Stevens

Ned Schmidt

O Sport Hydro

Ken Smith

Alan Nayman

Larry Benson

N M-Course

Laura DeMasie

Loren Peters

Bill Enright

N Mono

Ed Hughey

Howard Tucker

Alan Nayman

P Hydro (4 Min Oval)

Jason Benson

Howard Tucker

Ken Smith

Spec Zig Zag

Chris Smith

Lawrence Caputo

Nathan DeMasie

O Mono

Howard Tucker

Alan Nayman

Ed Hughey

P Sport Hydro

Ken Smith

Alan Nayman

Jason Benson

N Super Stock

Nathan DeMasie

Chris Smith

Brendan Wasilko

P Spec Offshore

Ken Smith

Larry Caputo

Jason Benson

O Hydro

Ed Hughey

Jason Benson

Ken Jones

P Mono

Ken Smith

Howard Tucker

Larry Caputo

N Spec Mono 27t

Loren Peters

Ned Schmidt

Terance Nissen

P Hydro

Laura DeMasie

Ken Jones

Spec Series Champ!

Ken Smith

BADest Driver

Ken Smith

Person needing a Uhaul after this event....

Ken Smith

Back