Bart Dreighe

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Byer

Bart, Has Mathe been working on the smaller marine motors? Do they have a 23-25cc motor that is compeditive?

Mike Byer

Hi Mike ,

Yes Mathe has a 23 CC engine but if im honest , i got no experience in that one , im running ( or have been ) the Casa 35 , MM , and Now the Corsa . all three of them are 35 CC .

If u want me too look up some details about the engine , i'll send u them ? ( im gonna look it up anyways as im getting curious about that engine )

Regards ,

Bart

Mike ,

got no details yet but i've got the price and to my point , its probably way to expensive compared to the zenoahs and quickdraws , etc .

When i got more info i'll post it inhere oki ?

regards ,

Bart

Thanks Bart, I would like to see more information on the little motors. I've always felt that you get what you pay for...... Wayne, a lot for bad stories about the big Mathe, but I think most of it comes from folks that have never spent much if any time with them. they are hard to get along with compared to the average zenoah, and most boaters don't take the patience to work them out and see what they need to run well.

Mike

Hi Mike ,

back again ,

I received a mail from Mathe ( Claudio ) and he asked me to wait a few about the little engine , they are changing the crankcase .At the moment the 23 cc seems to have the same Crankcase as the 35 but thats heavy so they wanna reduce the weight of it . ( another problem about it is that it is kinda big compared to the Zens and others )

He hopes they got it finished by may -april .He will have some test results from them by that time too so .

and , about the bigger Mathe , i can show u people who managed to get very very nice results , for example , in a cat : 111km/h with a fully standard Mathe Casa 35.

Its pretty much like with all engines , only a few people put time and effort in an engine .Wether its a Mathe , Mac , CMB , Picco or whatever , i've seen people messing with all kinds of engines and most of the time its the engine that sucks , yea right .

Getting the performances out of an engine means , testing testing testing testing testing and once u think u are there , test again lol .

Regards ,

Bart

Hiya Dave ,

in all the years that im running Mathe i've never seen this problem , it really broke off ? ??? Who had this ? u ? or a customer ? Send me pics of it ? and oh yea , was it a modified flywheel lol ?

Regards ,

Bart

Yes I have broken a crank on a vhp, but I feel like the engine was being reved a little too high. A little balance work on the replacement flywheel and a little more prop, and I never had that problem again. And yes I know a lot of people know alot about toy boats, but keep in mind that I'm not a dumb ass either.

Mike Byer

hiya Mike ,

Its weird , u're thinking on to high rpm but hmm if seen people "setting " their Mathe's on the side and they were screaming like hell ( thats the way right huh ) so hmm it would surprise me if this was the only problem .

Do you have any idea what kind of rpm u were having at that time ? Prop ?

i know a Casa turns nice around the 15000 -16000 rpm , i think a vhp goes around the same numbers .

Regards ,

Bart

Back