.....barely a gallon of fuel through it......

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

.....barely a gallon of fuel through it......

THAT'S USUALLY THE OPENING LINE FOR every USED MOTOR ON EBAY! What THEY DON'T SAY IS that they leaned the crap out of the motor, sucked some coil elements down into the motor from the cheap plugs they used or dimpled the top of the piston by using long plugs in a .21 motor perhaps even caused pre-detination, etc... Usually after a gallon the motors prime and ready to rock-n-roll. Hey, sell your stuff it's your right, and mine not to bid but I have to laugh when I see the annodizing practically gone off the head or see the header baked like a burnt cookie. Yup, it looks new to me! LOL :lol:

And of course I wouldn't expect good compression or smooth bearings, or even the plug to go in straight. You mean the metal shavings that come out when you change the plug aren't normal after a little less than a gallon fuel??? Hey barely a gallon of fuel went through it, right? LOL :lol:

AAAhhhhh ebay, I stopped bidding and selling for awhile and was considering shopping to go back and play on ebay but after seeing the stuff for sale I gotta wonder, is it worth the hassle?? :unsure:

Rodney,

You're absolutely right.....lately it just looks like a bunch of junk on E-bay. Every once in a while I find a gold nugget on Ebay :D .......more often I find another Buttnuggett. <_<

[SIZE=14pt]Ebay Definitions for discerning nitro motor buyers:[/SIZE]

Barely a gallon through it=motor is toast

Great compression=only when you fill it full of 90wt oil

Smooth bearings=not seized

Broke-in correctly= just plain broken; you figure out the problem.

Not assembled=I couldn’t figure out how to put it back together

Needs some TLC=should have thrown it away

Last edited by a moderator:
and don't forget

Like new = when I bought it 8-10 years ago

Clocked at 70+MPH = in the back of my pickup on the way to the lake

Selling for a friend = cause I'm to embarrassed to admit it's mine

One of a kind = lordie I hope no one see's I splashed it

apache5056 said:
Selling for a friend = cause I'm to embarrassed to admit it's mine
sounds like one of my bros auctions ROFL

Oh don't forget

Vintage - been here long enough to collect some dust

I like when you see in the discription, "broken in properly never been in the water"

Tunnel said:
I like when you see in the discription, "broken in properly never been in the water"
People seem to do it all the time when they lap the piston.

But I agree.

seen a few Never been run/scrapes on the bottom of chassis while looking for cars

"The guy I bought it from said it would do 70 mph" = I can't get this P.O.S. to get out of it's own way so I'm selling it to get a real boat and I hope you buy the same line as I did!

:lol:

Another great one I love, " Sounds really strong on the stand" :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

i just bought a ops .67 and the guy said the bearings where good but the rear bearing is completely shot. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Boy a tough crowd here!! :D Glad you guys keep buyin' up my good stuff that I decide to part with so it usually doesn't make it to Ebay!! :p

Never seen fuel Never been ranExcept when I started it on the bench and over revved the crap out of it for you. :lol: :lol:

Only painted once = with 8 different colors

No repairs = meaning the bondo never hit the floor when it was fixed

Must sell = before the wife finds it

Last chance offer = or not

Not (something you might actually buy) = If i told you what it really was, nobody would even look at my add

Amen to that Cy

or maybe it means

NOT(fill in blank)=look at my http://smiley.onegreatguy.net/****.gifI dont care If it wastes your time

"NOT ______, _____, or ______" means that's what I wish I bought besides this P.O.S.!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back