Bang fer yer Buck??????

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Gene Gillman

Allrightttty then,

Question is Powerheads, 3.5 class, Whats the best power for money spent here Dudes, I am considerin gettin one hull, Bet ya cant guess which one, Ha,Ha, And I want a powerhead that kicks serious butt, for the best price.

Names and vendors, Now lets hear about it!!!!!!!

Later Dudes,

Gene ;D

when you say "powerhead" are you refering to outboards? if so id say wait till Jerry D. gets his mac and see how they are.

Geneo!

Good to hear you are back in the game! I'm going thru the same dilema you are. If I had to pick today, it would be a Novarossi. That motor is the baddest thing out in my opinion. Its the buck part thats hard to take. I wish we had some data of on-water testing of the new MAC 21 O/B & a price. At the moment thats what I'm waiting on. At least the bucks part. The new MAC isn't due out til some time in January. Let me know what your decision is!

Later!

Ed Radz

Gener--old friend!! I knew you couldn't stay dry for very long.

I was afraid I was gonna have to ask "Mrs. Gillman, can Gene come out and play in the water with us?" ;D

Now, get rid of that 'guest' status!

Correcto Tom, I am keepin a close eye whats JD is doin ;)

Hey Ed, how ya been? Man ya got that one right the NR's are scary both in speed and price :eek:

PJ, Yeah gonna do one tunnel fer grins, As far as the guest thing, got ta introduce you to someone, Hey Slide ya around here????????

Yeah man, here I is ;D

Ya see I really never left, Ha,Ha, :p

Later Dudes,

Gene ;D errr make that

Slide ;)

ROFLMAO!!! ;D ;D

You're something else, Gene!

Gee, I hope I didn't say anything bad about you to Slide!

He,He,

Nah Man yer cool :D

However I did make a list of who was naughty and nice :eek:

Now everybody's goin "I knew that was him" 8)

Gene ;D

Gener

You are a nut and that is why we all like you.. How is this for a price..

You can use it for free all you want and i could care less if it comes back junk.. not kidding here.

I have a Nova OB that i run once a year. It is a bad A$$ motor that i won the 99 nats with. It is a little out dated as far as PL goes but what the heck. Have at her... she is yours for the game.. I dont care if the thing craps the bed and it comes back in 5000 pices.

I have little use for this motor. If you have a Villain on the front of it its yours to use. By the way project V2 The return of the Gillmanatior has begun. da, da, da, donennnnn..n..nnn...n..n.n. cough, cough, cough....sorry

Its time to lay it down and make an attempt

Im not kidding here, this is for real..it yours to use untill it is crap and then send it back and we will do it again.. If it needs parts after time, ill pick up the tab. If it falls off the boat ;D (o well). Sucks to be me, but i dont care. All in the name of the game..

BTW my money is on the Nova Rossi.. at any cost.. Quality, Quality, Quality,, it is going to take a bunch of MAC to beat that..

Grim

MUHAHAHAHAHA, Just when ya thought it was safe to go back in the water!!!!!!!! :eek:

GILLMANATOR V2 SAW WARS !!!!!!!!!!

A long time ago, In a galaxy far far away...........

Deal Mike,

As always, very generous Man,

Thank You,

Gene

Geneo and Mike!

What a deal! Mike you got a 2nd NR laying around? It wouldn't be going on a Villian though. That will probably next winters project.

Later!

Ed Radz

Ed

No I only have one Nova and it is on my OB Hydro. We race OB hydro at the Wisconsin State Chapionships each year and that is the only time i use the thing. I like the motor and it has tons of nuts but i use a K+Bs on my Villain S1s and i have no use for it right now.

In my opion the trick to tunnel racing, some of you guys might disagree, is the ballance between power, and weight. Again, size has some to do with it but it is quite dependent to water conditions.

So for me "this is just a me thing" I like my boats optmised for med water conditions. If the water is rough then i will lose.. OK.. But if the water is not so bad...mmmm big fun... time to let the water fly..you never know, if the water is good, this is when i have my most fun and sometimes i get lucky enought to pull one out of the hat.

As Kris says' TUNNELS ROCK

Gener

Hang tight, as the second comming has begun.. Its getting close to da,da,da,da.....V2..records day.

Yeah I got to agree with Mike, the balance is rough to figure out, but once ya got it down its Gonzo Boogie Time!!!!! That is if the water stays reasonable.

The V2 will be a excersize in reducing air volume from the tunnel. The Villain is a easy hull to drive fast, it burns up water like no tomorrow, but this will be take it to the limit on top end.

That out of no where barrier that hits tunnels as they approach 60+. And its all over in in 3.504sec. @ 64.212 mph. Thats the time to beat.

Way Cool on the buildup Mike, keep me posted!!!!

Gene ;D

Oh Hey,

Forgot ta mention, I have secured the use of Lake X lets say, for setup and dial in's. Its a huge spring fed pond just north of me about 20 minutes, its sheltered on three sides with trees and the water has been glass smooth last couple times I was there.

The city is still in lockdown on the noise thing. But the owner of Lake X just ask that I call ahead anytime I want ta run so he can go out and open up the gate. KEWL ;D

Mike!

You forget there are 2 guys in my club I have to keep up with. We have identical hulls, but Mike Dorsch and Rick Alexander both run the Novarossi. Mikes boat was awesome this past year. It rocked at Mendota.

I got my Christmas present money burning a hole in my pocket. First thing is a paint job. Its gonna be red with a big ol BUDWEISER stuck on the side. Then comes the motor. Right now I'm thinking the Nova. But i'll wait til the MAC comes out and see what happens. We got "hard water" like you do so I still have a few months before I make a final decision.

BTW, does Gary Pruesse have any of those OB mounts you sell? I don't see it on your web page.

Later!

Ed Radz

Ed

Your right. Ricky and Mikes boats were killer last summer. The guys in your club are a gas to race with.

The motor mount is not listed on my site nor is it avalible from Gary. The reasion for this is that im suck as a machinest and the mounts dont look that good. They work great but the looks??? Help Tim..

Ed i can send you one if you like.. i have them in stock.

Grim

Hey Geneo!

I made the decision on what motor to hang on the back of my tunnel. (Drum roll please) NOVAROSSI!!!!!!!! Mike Z's comment on quality and reliability was a big factor. The last news on the MAC was it would be available some time in late February. PLus the MAC right now is an unknown as far as speed and reliability, and the first run would only be 100 motors. Those 100 are probably already spoken for. That was the last straw for the MAC. SOOOOOOOOOOO, I called Tim Fulton at Precision Boats and laid down my cash. He put he whole thing together for me and set the head clearance. The new Nova is on the way! Now to wait for the hard water to leave!

Later!

Ed Radz

Hey Ed,

Cooool!!!!! From everything I had heard they are the ones ta beat fer sure. Both in speed and reliability.

I am not sure, but I think Jerry D. got his name in the pot for the first production run on the Mac's, Maybe he will have a report on them when they come out.

Hey what about props, what ya gonna run?

With the shallow draft and lite weight of the V2, Lift is not in my vocabulary!!!!

Gene ;D

Latest posts

Back