Badgers race

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ken stang

Where are all the sport 20s and sport 40s. Come on guys. This use to be two of the biggest classes. This race is the Bill Wistert sport 20 Memorial and the Larry Foreman sport 40 memorial.

Hey Ken,

I like their pond and their club/racers. However, the pre-entry is keeping me away. I can't guarantee that I can make the race so I don't even race. If I could enter the day of the race I would be much more likely to race.

Too many commitments to multiple jobs make my schedule hard to predict even a week out...

Adam

Hey Ken,

I like their pond and their club/racers. However, the pre-entry is keeping me away. I can't guarantee that I can make the race so I don't even race. If I could enter the day of the race I would be much more likely to race.

Too many commitments to multiple jobs make my schedule hard to predict even a week out...

Adam
Us Badgers do not want to be sitting around on a Saturday morning wondering if anyone is showing up. We all have busy schedules and commitments and we feel that pre-registration should (and has) help people know what will be running at a race instead of showing up with boats and have no classes to run.(which has happened countless times in the past)

Hope to see you at the race Adam.

Hi Duke,

I understand it somewhat. How about this...still allow people to enter on the day of the race. Racers could look online to see who pre-entered and if the class is going to race they could enter the day of the race. It should only help add racers. I WANT to race at Badgers and hope I can again soon.

Adam

Adam,

We have and will continue to discuss this. What if only allowing boats to be added to classes that already have enough boats to make a class? What we don't want is to have two people register for a class, and they know that won't run, and then on race day, they show up with other boats to race and a third person shows up to race with the other two, but they left their boat for that class at home.

How does a club do that?

Do we require a "free" registration and pay on raceday? (not desired at this time)

Or, do we make preregistration cost less-but makes racers commit something and then pay balance on raceday? (may be a possibility)

You are not the first to say preregistration "keeps you away".

I think the lack of people registering keeps others away. People want to race and WILL come if others do.

As Ken mentioned above, this is a sport 20 and sport 40 memorial weekend remembering some great guys. Please get registered.

I will back up Duke's answer. Our races have the most boats and classes in D4. We average 65 to 70 boats and 13 to 15 classes. We went to the pre-registration because of this. We want to have all boaters who come out to be able to race but the days of two boat classes is just not fesable with adding electric and gas classes. It also makes it alot easier for the club to make plaques and trophies before race day. In the past we would end up with leftovers because classes did not fill that were offered. If you look on the registration site, there is a way you can sign up and pay on race morning with approval from the moderator. You can also pay by mail. If the class doesn't fill your entry fees will be refunded.

Ken,

I will be testing my SP20 on Saturday and hope to have it running good enough to register it. Its been a trying spring and I have not been able to get out to the pppond but 2 times so far. My scale is not running either.

Sorry guys with the move this spring and trying to sell the old house, racing has to take a back seat this year.

This is always a good/fun racing weekend at the Badgers.

Jerry

The Memorials are a fun & top-notch race. I would definately go again if I didn't sell my Sport 20 Hydro due to lack of making a class at another pond. Don't remember having to pre-register, but I guess times change. One consideration for pre-registering: "Our races have the most boats and classes in D4. We average 65 to 70 boats and 13 to 15 classes". Second consideration: "How many of those great hamburgers that the consession stand is going to have to cook".
default_rolleyes.gif
default_biggrin.png

Due to family commitments I cannot attend his race.. Its a dang good one too!.. If anybody is reading this and on the fence.. jump in!

Chatting about the re-register deal..

One could do a discount for the pre-registered drivers? The silly part to me is the race entry cutoff date. (got me once.. likely others too). Part of the reason for this feeling is no scoring program is used anyway.. so adding in a last minute driver only takes a few minutes and adds to the funds pot and the class count.

Grimracer

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok guys is matt gonna cd this race? He was awesome working with everyone to make sure they run. My question is I won't be able to run my hydro's this weekend, I am only boat entered, only other boat won't be there. My question is on sunday would it be cool to throw my 40 hydro in with the 2 gas sport hydros .... it would make 3 boats...just wondering.... oh saturday there is 4 sport boats so me jumping in that water would be a lot different.

Paul,

Yes Matt is CD'ing. I may be speaking out of line, but I think if you bring boat and the racers of the other class agree it may be considered.

Last year the Mt Vernon race-the D14 guys combined twin rigger and D Hydro to have those boats run. Otherwise my twin would have sat home. I would throw my twin in with yours and Larry's D hydro???
default_blink.png
default_blink.png
default_blink.png
default_rolleyes.gif
default_rolleyes.gif
default_rolleyes.gif
??

I will call Matt and ask him.

Besides you are still D4 director or not??End of June?

Last edited by a moderator:
Paul,

Matt said the decision will be made Saturday after a meeting with the other racers.

Best I can do.

I assume Larry wont be there from your post. Maybe next time I can run the twin against your D hydro. Maybe an open nitro hydro class next time??

Duke

i don't understand.. most races around here are pre register.. really shouldn't be that big of a deal but what do i know

Well for atleast the past 2yrs district 4 has allowed walk up entries at all races except badgers. The whole point is ya don't ever want to turn a racer away .... we all come to play boats and ya gotta do what ya gotta do to make sure the local club races work for everyone.... as far as all the pre registration races... I have raced aboutt 50 races and would be very suprised if I pre registered at much more than 10 not including the past 8 badgers races..... Don't get me wrong, The Badger races are by far my favorite races... I hate to see it declining to the point it has.

PAUL have you looked at your race PRE-REGISTRATION REQUIRED BY SEPT 24 $15.00 first boat $12.00 additional SEND TO CLIFF ZEEK so???

PAUL #2 look at the MINUTE BREAKER PRE-REGISTRATION BY AUG 14 2014 first boat $15.00 additional boat $10.00 SEND TO LARRY GEMPP so ?? 2 out of 3 left in D4 so??

Back