Bad news,, son shattered elbow

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anthony_marquart

Yesterday, after 13 hours of a bad day at work, I get the call that my son had fallen from a tree... Well,.. now we're at our second medical facility waiting for the surgery to repair his broken elbow... Funny thing.. when they were at home before they went to the hospital, I wasn't there.. My neighbor came over to help... He didn't think Nolan was really hurt,.. maybe got scared, and maybe being a little dramatic... Neighbor told my son to settle down, he would feel better soon and that he was upsetting his mom... Little guy really tried hard... sucked up the tears and got quiet... arm swelled and they took him to the ER,.. totally broken elbow,.. the tip is broken off and pushed back over an inch.

The surgery to put it back will be this afternoon...

Wish us luck!!!! (I was actually thinking of sneaking to the pond)

Anthony,

We will be praying your sons surgery goes well and he can have a quick and full recovery.

Surgery went well.. He's going to be fine though it will take a long time. Tough little guy... Forgot to tell you guys that he's just 8 years old!

Last edited by a moderator:
anthony, glad to hear nolan is doing well. thank goodness they heal quickly at a young age. sounds like a tough boy, hope to meet both of you at a pond SOON! if there is physical therapy involved, don't let him skimp on it, i did with a knee injury & i'm paying for it now..........

Back