Axe Rossi .21

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KenBeller

Anyone tried to use a AXE Rossi .21 in an outrigger. Engine ran great on stand with propeller at break in but will not run once in boat. Guys at the pond suggest switching to an OS max carb. Anyone have any experience with this engine carb combination.

ken

Last edited by a moderator:
I've found that pipe length and engine load is more critical than in some other 21 size engines. In 2010 I ran the A/A 21 in a Seaducer with a pitched up three bladed ABC prop. The boat ran hard on 60% nitro. This was in Louisiana at the NAMBA Nats where I ended up tied for first place points.

In Los Angeles this summer, I was pulling an H-6 in a JAE. But, in Hobart, I had trouble getting the combination of prop and pipe worked out again.

I think you have to take the time to get the combination right for where you are running. Once you get the combination right, the engine turns a lot of rpm.

I don't have any test ponds within 250 miles, so I don't get much opportunity to test. I wish that I could be more help.

Al Hobbs

Latest posts

Back