Awesome speed

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Get Real,

Try a different motor and propeller combination. Boat looks good, just needs a 21 motor and a good propeller

of course. :lol: If this topic cannot be constructive it should be locked down or deleted.

Keep Working On The Set Up,

Mark Sholund

Last edited by a moderator:
Get Real,
Try a different motor and propeller combination. Boat looks good, just needs a 21 motor and a good propeller

of course. :lol:

Keep Working On The Set Up,

Mark Sholund
But this boat is supposed to have their "race proven set up". :rolleyes:

38 whole mph?
Yeah buddy & that's with the optional (read extra cost) upgrades. It's a smokin' 30mph for that low, low price of $499 plus $40 shipping. :lol:

Hmmm, let's see a guy can buy a Miss Vegas for $279 & $9 shipping from Tower that'll run 40 or better right out the box or spend $499 & $40 shipping & go 10mph slower. What a tough decision ............... :p

Well, the video didn't make me wanna buy one.

The boat look's good but it needs a .21 engine and prop.

I EDITED TO ADD THIS: Where does it say the up grades cost Don?
You show 30mph stock, 38 with upgrades right in your own video James. So are you going on record here that the upgrades to go from your $500 30mph boat to 38mph are FREE?

As for what a Vegas will do I've seen it first hand, right out of the box with nothing more than the optional $15 Aquacraft/Grimracer turn fin, 50% nitro, a few break in runs & still with the stock plastic prop. This was while running a full size IMPBA course during open water with a bunch of big gasser boats out there, water was way rougher than what you called rough in your video & that little Vegas ran great, full bore, never missed a beat and came back in running every time. A bunch of us veteran racers took turns driving it and were amazed at how well it handled & how fast it was for a little .18 RTR, that transmitter got passed around like a joint at a pot party. For $279 it is the best bang for the buck for a newbie, period. I got one just to promote the RTR entry class in our district & encouraged the LHS to start stocking them. An easily affordable entry level boat that works was long overdue.

It has also become known that you have been behind a push to discredit the Vegas for those who might want to cross over into sport 20 with one so lay off the squeeky clean pity party. I really didn't care until you & your groupies got behind that, that type of approach does not sit well with me as it does nothing for the hobby or the newcomers.

And BTW the IMPBA technical director has deemed the Miss Vegas a legal hull in the sport 20 class.

Have a nice day. :)

i want t oconfirm that me and Don Ferette had the miss vegas doing 35 to 40 in rough water it was my boat and we was breaking it in.did real well in the rough water with the gas boat.handles like on rails out of box.

Now this soap opera is starting to get GOOD !!!!!!!! :)
Ain't it though? :p

And James the facts speak for themselves. The Vegas is still a better value for the new guy than your $500 boat. You still are dodging the cost of these 8mph upgrades on your $500 boat. The complaint sent to me about your sxxt stirring on the legality of the Vegas did not come from Chuck & the boat was never deemed illegal as a sport 20 & then "changed" as you so imply, it was ruled legal the first time a clarification was asked of the IMPBA tech director. And lastly there were plenty of people at the race I referred to who got to try the Vegas out to know how good it ran & in the rough too, no video needed. Your grandstanding on your soapbox is motivated by your business interest in RTR and that is to make money. I stand to make no financial gain whatsoever from this & my first concern is attracting & supporting the new boaters, not how much profit can be had off of them. As for racing you? I could care less as like I said I got my Vegas only to support the newcomers who might show up at our pond after buying one from the LHS down the street. Matter of fact it's not even gotten wet yet, still getting a different paint scheme. Have fun selling your boats, hope you sell enough to make it worth it ..............

I EDITED TO ADD THIS: Where does it say the up grades cost Don?
You show 30mph stock, 38 with upgrades right in your own video James. So are you going on record here that the upgrades to go from your $500 30mph boat to 38mph are FREE?

As for what a Vegas will do I've seen it first hand, right out of the box with nothing more than the optional $15 Aquacraft/Grimracer turn fin, 50% nitro, a few break in runs & still with the stock plastic prop. This was while running a full size IMPBA course during open water with a bunch of big gasser boats out there, water was way rougher than what you called rough in your video & that little Vegas ran great, full bore, never missed a beat and came back in running every time. A bunch of us veteran racers took turns driving it and were amazed at how well it handled & how fast it was for a little .18 RTR, that transmitter got passed around like a joint at a pot party. For $279 it is the best bang for the buck for a newbie, period. I got one just to promote the RTR entry class in our district & encouraged the LHS to start stocking them. An easily affordable entry level boat that works was long overdue.

It has also become known that you have been behind a push to discredit the Vegas for those who might want to cross over into sport 20 with one so lay off the squeeky clean pity party. I really didn't care until you & your groupies got behind that, that type of approach does not sit well with me as it does nothing for the hobby or the newcomers.

And BTW the IMPBA technical director has deemed the Miss Vegas a legal hull in the sport 20 class.

Have a nice day. :)
Don facts are facts..where this video..I want to see a Vegas doing 40 with gas boats....on a ruff day.

Second your comment that you make about the Vegas and my attempt to under sell it as a non sport 20 boat. Well let me take you away from your buddy piper for a minute. And lets get to the facts here. Show me a post dis-crediting the Vegas? I make it faster and more realiable. I also make it a winner over and over. So your statement should be re written sir.

As a point, isnt that the boat TEAM TWISTED races? The VEGAS...boy that is some dis-crediting. Dont beleive what you hear fella...it can make you look foolish.

First off the post was stolen from my forum, by your buddy Chuck and placed on RCU as I was lieing to people to mis-lead them.
Haven't you been told to keep your RCU ravings off here? Perhaps Tom needs to remind you again...

Anyway, I may have said you were wrong, which you were, but I certainly didn't accuse you of being a liar. I still can't figure out why you have so much trouble figuring out the difference between liar and wrong, but that's not my problem.

He made the claims of I asked the IMPBA tech guy, hell he even got the guy to lash out at me in public. When in fact it was another person who asked and he took that credit from him.
You are SO WRONG ON THIS. Clint and I have already figured it out. You don't know the facts, so stop showing your ignorance. LOL
I also asked why people wouldnt say it out loud, well after my post..seems the designer said it out loud. Second it doesnt discredit as you put it, it asked someone to check. Because alot of people were clueless on the issue at hand. And if you go read, I was concerned the guy was putting a 400.00 engine in Vegas, when I have done that and changes needed to be made to race it sport 20 and MAKE IT LEGAL.
Yes, you were clueless when you said it wasn't legal in IMPBA sport 20. It's a good thing Clint and I took the time to get the facts. It saved people who might want to race the boat in IMPBA sport 20 from doing something like sheeting most of the bottom with plywood. Oh, but that's ok, it only added 9 ounces to a 2 pound hull! :eek: Besides, it got rid of that ill conceived air tunnel! LOL :lol:

Now as far as me discrediting the Vegas, is that what Jerry did when he told the same guy to look at a Whiplash instead. Because the Vegas was not intended for Sport 20. Third, the boat is not legal unless you change things, so I was right, it is NOT Legal in Namba and also in IMPBA. Now it is, with talk over it.
It was never ILLEGAL in IMPBA, you just tried to convince people it was. Interesting that while you were doing that you were also working on your new boat that you are now positioning as a sport 20 legal RTR boat. What a coincidence! :lol: Perhaps your boat will do well in Sport 20. If so, more power to you, I'd love to see the class grow.
Oh, and while we're talking legality, perhaps you can help me with something. Your site says your new boat is "IMPBA SPORT 20 CLASS APPROVED RACE BOAT." On what date did you get IMPBA approval?
Piper im in the process of getting photos and checking into this boat. Gees cut this guy some slack all he is doing is trying to grow the sport. WE got FOUR NEW MEMBERS in the last 6 months 3 had RTR and the other is a US-! champion. ALL THREE GET THE SAME RESPECT as members. We have added RTR to 2 out of 3 races, if we had time we would run them at all of our races. Mike

Back