Audio Clock: What works best for your club?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff Schindler

Our club has a PA system with speakers and several lines in. Question is what hardware and audio files work best?

Required would be an easy to use interface to start and stop the clock file. Must be reliable and not skip or have battery life issues.

I would like to have a synchronized visual for at least the clock operator, such as a mini version of the digital clock. Maybe the simplest would be to take a video of our digital clock with voice countdown.

Anyone with experience, you input would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeff

Jeff any type of MP3 player will work great if you want I have a couple of the MP3 file Allan Hoyle made a 30 second count down and the full clock count down. Sure works more reliable than any type clock I have seen. Not much extra stuff to have to store and carry around either.

Back in the old days we used to use a diskman portable CD player, and used the audio out on it to plug into a microphone plug on the Amp.

These days we run it integrated into the lap scoring software on a laptop. Works great. It even gives an audio indication for the driver for his lap number as they cross the line. For details on the software, PM Andrew Young on here - whe wrote it. I believe it's already in use in some clubs in the USA, possibly NAMBA clubs.

Back in the old days we used to use a diskman portable CD player, and used the audio out on it to plug into a microphone plug on the Amp.

These days we run it integrated into the lap scoring software on a laptop. Works great. It even gives an audio indication for the driver for his lap number as they cross the line. For details on the software, PM Andrew Young on here - whe wrote it. I believe it's already in use in some clubs in the USA, possibly NAMBA clubs.
Timing system? PM sent

rcracingevents.com has it built in to the laptop based scoring system. You just plug in an audio line from the laptop into your PA.

Latest posts

Back