Attention: Designers And Builders

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Propjockey

I'm going to be spending a day in the pits of a full scale drag boat race this weekend. They will be racing everything from Unlimiteds to Ranger bass boats!

I'm taking the cameras along and was wondering if anyone wants pics of certain hull designs or features.

Let me know by Friday night...I'll see what I can do.

There is a bass boat brand name, Allison, made in WI, great cheese state, and they are fast.

Guy on the lake used to have one with a 225 on it, and trolling motor and all on front, just bought it for speed, never fished in his life. ran about 90.

take pics and let us see them.

Sounds like a good time.

NT

would be cool to take some pictures of tha bass boats purely for entertainment for us rednecks!!

hahaha....i can see the new impba class now...."next up, D mono. after that, D Bass Boat!! ;D ;) "

is there a such thing as a full sized racing cat? i mean, my dad used ta have a racing Hobie Cat, but it's sort of different when your relying on a big fancy sheet tied to a pole ta make you go!! lol, sailing IS fun, but definitly different.

Joe

Lax,

Have ya ever watch Off Shore Racing?? Full of Cats... Need to get out of the woods... :D See the sun for awhile! ;D

Mark...

hey pj any pics are good, but if you get some nice unlims i'd like to see... also just a thought on the bass boat, is there a clss for outboard mono's? never really seen any so figured i'd ask

Cy,

Sure :D Full size that is...........

PJ,

Props, Mercs, Allisons, Hydrostreams etc ;)

Gene ;D

Lol yeah i knew they did in the full size is was thinking about our size, ya know like a 3.5 or 7.5 outbaord mono... i think it might be fun

mark.....oh :-X

;D

bass boats look different than our vees to me......is that just me or is there some defining design element of a bass boat that rc monos are lacking?

joe

A friend of mine has an Allison with a Merc 2.5 that does over 100. He took me for a ride in it once that I will never forget. It has a ride pad with a shallow vee, and a very unique little lip right at the back edge of the ride pad. If you could get a picture of one of those I'm sure some members would find it very interesting. My understanding is that it allows the hull to climp up onto the little lip at the highest speeds and it balances there on that minute lifting surface and the prop with almost no wetted area.

Well, it wasn't quite what I expected...only one Unlimited showed...and the engine was destroyed on an exhibition run the day before. It was all packed up in the trailer when I saw it :(

Anyways, I got some good pics of Top Fuel Hydro and some other stuff. I'll do some editing tomorrow and get the pics up.

For now, notice the engine on this Seebold F1...

I noticed several hydro hulls had blades (strakes?) down the full length of the sponson. They extended from 2 to 3 inches below the running surface.

Back