Areomarine 50" tunnel

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bkr

Has anyone seen this tunnel run before? I was wanting to build a gas outboard. Any information would be appreciated.

Has anyone seen this tunnel run before? I was wanting to build a gas outboard. Any information would be appreciated.
I saw mine run yesterday, it's about the only choice in a glass boat that I know of, good Aeromarine quality typical of all their boats.

mike b

I saw mine run yesterday, it's about the only choice in a glass boat that I know of, good Aeromarine quality typical of all their boats.

mike b
Thanks for replying Mike. I guess I need to ask more direct questions, like

What lower unit are you running?

Are you running a Zenoha 260 power head?

Was the boat easy to balance out?

What kind of speed did the boat run?

Do you have any pictures of your boat on website that I could see?

Thanks,

bkr

mike b
Mike post some pics of that beast. B)

Yes the boat is very easy to set up. I'm doing some testing for Fred at Lawless on the new design lower for the gas engines. I've been running a q/d 25 so far, but I'm going to run a 260 Zenoah on the next try. The weather was a little cool and windy for a tunnel boat yesterday, not a good speed day, but 50ish and still looking for the right prop, and just putting some time on the lower for Fred before he starts the run on them. I'll shoot some pix and show what I have.

mike b

The Aeromarine Predator seems to be tunnel of choice right now.

I also have a new one going together.

I've got a lower from Greg down under also a SPP for it.

Also have a Lawless coming one day.

Carlo @ CC Racing is working up a sweet full mod Zenoah with the J&G kit for it right now.

It should hit the Dyno next week.

I'm working on building up the transom.

They have a very short transom and also need a little strengthing up.

The tunnel is a little narrow and also could be deeper for what we're trying to do.

I see many bottom changes as things progress.

Last week someone Down Under ran 64 mph with a 230 with mods.

Not too shabby!

This is really a fun project. :)

I'll also post a few pics soon so all can see the transom work for theres.

Last edited by a moderator:
Doesn,t JD have plans for a 1/4 scale tunnel ? Has anybody done one of these . I would love to see pictures of that as well as Mikes.

Ed

I took a couple pix of what I have done with the Aeromarine boat. I told Fred at Lawless that I'd shake down a new drive for him, and that is mainly what I have been doing, not really looking for big speed # just burning some fuel thru the motor and getting some time on the lower unit. We have entered Mike Hemric to drive this weapon in the all tunnel race in SC in March, and I hope that several will be there. Here are a couple shots of the progress so far.

big test tunnel

Mike B

I took a couple pix of what I have done with the Aeromarine boat. I told Fred at Lawless that I'd shake down a new drive for him, and that is mainly what I have been doing, not really looking for big speed # just burning some fuel thru the motor and getting some time on the lower unit. We have entered Mike Hemric to drive this weapon in the all tunnel race in SC in March, and I hope that several will be there. Here are a couple shots of the progress so far.big test tunnel

Mike B
Thanks Mike, I appreciate your time and efforts, the pictures are very imformative.

thanks bkr

Hey now that looks like it could be my next class of boat to build. You know how cool that would look with 6 of them running at one time.I will keep an eye on this hopeful class.

Richie R :rolleyes:

Back