Aquacraft UL-1 RTR Hydro

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayt

I can't believe that no one has even mentioned the new Aquacraft UL-1 RTR Hydro. I watched this boat run at the SAW event in Los Angeles last month, and it appears to be a real winner. It is electric, but it ran in the low 40s out of the box with LiPos, and with a bit of strut adjustment and a different prop ran a two-way average of 65 mph! This boat really ups the ante for RTRs. Of course, it doesn't use nitro. Should be hitting stores in December, with a 2.4 gig radio included.

jay.

Thanks for the plug man.. Your right the UL-1 has changed the rules for FE RTR.. its a REAL RACE BOAT..

Its still on track for December. I will doing the final verification on the boat tomorrow and can not wait to get one back on the water.

As a side note.. I know this is going to sound nutty but that little 2.4 system we developed is just plane out of this world.. Its not fancy in anyway.. but it is as solid as can be. I have been using one as my grunt radio at work and I got to tell ya.. after hours and hours.. not one power out.. glitch or range prob.. It has to be the best darn value in a 2.4 EVER! I have been running it in a Gas boat with the RX next to and lower then the pipe in the boat.. silly thing just keeps working.. nuts.. just nuts.. I would put the darn thing in anything i own...

The dang thing does not have an external RX antenna either.. TRUE!.... Just place it in the boat and forget about the dang antenna..

ROCK ON

Grim

Last edited by a moderator:
I definetly want one....been wanting to play with FE's for a long time! but i dont want to see nitro go away either! Ive got a Miss Vegas that ive been racing all year and i LOVE IT! Keep comin up with innovative ideas, AQUACRAFT!!

Darin, I posted this in the RTR forum where I'd expect a bulk of the interest to be. Like I said, I am surprised it has not been discussed here, what with all the recent posts about obsolete troublesome smelly boats. BTW I was post #17 in the thread you referenced...... ;)

props to grim and aqua for raising the bar on the rtr's,,,,,,, now come on grim,,,, lets see some of them old wild thing's in glass.... :p

i have to also say excellent choice on mating the boat with the 2.4 ..... these radios are amazing....

alden

p.s...let me know when my wt is done grim......hint hint.... :lol:

I believe this boat will help out our hobby immensely. The cost of the boat is almost the same as an RC10-T4 RTR. So this should appeal to electric car crowd. I am going to try to pre order one through the local hobby shop next week. We normally have a mall show in February and I plan on taking it to that. However it probably won't be in the box very long.lol I will probably use this boat for racing and for training purposes for my son and girlfriend. This boat only costs $330. I just paid out almost $700 last week for 2 nitro engines. So this boat will be very cost effective. Just my 2 cents.

Latest posts

Back