Aquacraft Motley Crew

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Check out the new Motley Crew Catamaran from Aquacraft.

Scroll down on the page for the video.

Here's a link:

http://www.aquacraft...crew/index.html
about time they came out with a FE cat.. Love them to make a nitro cat next!

Awesome!

Does it fit the bill for P-Spec? Could the 2030 UL-1 motor be a drop in upgrade?

I'd like to get a P-Spec RWYB class going around here, and this looks like it would be a great RTR option.

I just hope it's decals! Gotta be able to peel those hideous graphics off, All it's missing is a topless shot of Pam Anderson across the deck! Nice hull but gotta be the tackiest looking thing on the water! What's with the ninja turtle headband wrapped around the cockpit?!?!.

I'd own one in a second just not with those graphics!

I read a press release about the full sized team, it was named after the s***ty band from the 80's, they wanted something recognizable! The changed it from motley crue to Motley Crew to avoid copyright probs. I'd rather be seen with the Boy George model! He wore less make up and hair spray!

To each his own I guess. I like the boat and as far as the band goes, one of the best drummers of all time.

I just hope it's decals! Gotta be able to peel those hideous graphics off, All it's missing is a topless shot of Pam Anderson across the deck! Nice hull but gotta be the tackiest looking thing on the water! What's with the ninja turtle headband wrapped around the cockpit?!?!.

I'd own one in a second just not with those graphics!

I read a press release about the full sized team, it was named after the s***ty band from the 80's, they wanted something recognizable! The changed it from motley crue to Motley Crew to avoid copyright probs. I'd rather be seen with the Boy George model! He wore less make up and hair spray!

What's the matter, you never tried "Smokin'n in the Boys Room"!!!??? :lol: Just Kidding. I think it looks pretty good! Different Strokes for Differet Folks I guess.

Later,

Mike

The boat was not named for a hair band! Note the different spelling - it was named for a full-scale offshore race team: http://www.motleycrewracing.com/

I tested a prototype about a year ago, and this is a good running cat. Fun to drive and fast with the 1800 Kv motor. With just a prop change I gained 10 mph over the stock prop, getting into the high-40s.

33cnips.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Jay is right, Thanks J for all your help with the project.

I also have to thank

Dunny

Brian Buaas

Michael Ball

AquaCraft and our great customers for making it possible.

The inspiration for the boat is the Skater 368 its based on. I really was not interested in designing around "another" P1 style hull (YUK).. BUT rather the Muscle Car of off shore racing, a P2.

I have had my just short of 50mph on the stock electronics with just a prop change and some hardware tweaking. My hopes for the boat are to help open up more spec racing across the country.

Anyway..

ROCK AND ROLL!

Grim

Last edited by a moderator:
i love the boat i won my first 2 races with it i am useing the 42x55 prop and love it it takes a little bit to plane but it runs great in all water roughe it is the better she works

thanks to grimracer and aquacraft

Has anyone done a side by side test with one of theses and a ProBoat cat?

Tim
I saw the two side by side this past weekend. I have no idea what props each were using but both racers told me everything else was stock. The Geico had speed on the Motley Crew but couldn't handle the chop or turn as well. Now the Geico seemed to be set up loose so that could account for the speed and lack of handling. If I were to buy one based on what I saw for three heats of racing it would be the Motley Crew. The motley crew won each heat against the Geico.

This was my observation based on other people running and trimming there boats and I was the CD for this class. Other than that I am a Nitro guy and couldn't answer a question about set-up.

Love the color on the Geico.

It's a very limited comparison

Robert Holland

Back