APRCRA - PRO RACING

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy Greene

Happened to notice that the Pro-Series-APRCRA- Has a date schedule in Orlando(Culvert Dodgers) in March 08- as well as 3 other tba race sites in April-Sept and Oct 08-in south Fla. Still no Nitro classes yet. Anyone hearing feedback on this series yet and what are your thoughts ???? It looks like NAMBA gave them the green light also.

Last edited by a moderator:
They are having nitro classes. From what I understand however, is that the gasser guys have been more resopsive so this is why you see those clases listed. They ARE allowing Nitro but adding them per turnout. If you wanna race let em know.

Somebody, set me straight on this thing ... Is this another sanctioning body? I don't get how a third party can come into a NAMBA or IMPBA event? Also is this a "racing for cash" deal? :blink:

Norm Doerr

Somebody, set me straight on this thing ... Is this another sanctioning body? I don't get how a third party can come into a NAMBA or IMPBA event? Also is this a "racing for cash" deal? :blink:
Norm Doerr
Yep and Yep. ;) So far from what I have seen listed (with the exception of it listed at the Winternats) they are using non Namba events at Namba clubs. As far as the listing for the Internats- someone from Orlando will have to answer that one.

Here's the link Norm-

http://www.aprcra.org/index.php

Norm Doerr
Yep and Yep. ;) So far from what I have seen listed (with the exception of it listed at the Winternats) they are using non Namba events at Namba clubs. As far as the listing for the Internats- someone from Orlando will have to answer that one.

Here's the link Norm-

Yes they are their own organization.. They have their own membership, carry their own insurance and now have set up 8-10 races.. They completely run the events, entries are sent in to their web site, they collect all money, buy trophies and pay out prize money.. When they complete their entry form, I'm sure you will have the option with nitro classes also. Orlando or other sites that are holding races including NAMBA District III have nothing to do with these events.. They are just a site location that were chosen by the APRCRA..

Norm Doerr

Here's the link Norm-

Yes they are their own organization.. They have their own membership, carry their own insurance and now have set up 8-10 races.. They completely run the events, entries are sent in to their web site, they collect all money, buy trophies and pay out prize money.. When they complete their entry form, I'm sure you will have the option with nitro classes also. Orlando or other sites that are holding races including NAMBA District III have nothing to do with these events.. They are just a site location that were chosen by the APRCRA..
Thanks Brian, what about their date scheduled at the Winternats ??

Listed just as a courtesy, I guess..

The Winter Nats is a District III NAMBA High Points race.

ndy there are no pro races in south fla unless miami is having one. Yes Rick i agree Robert

ndy there are no pro races in south fla unless miami is having one. Yes Rick i agree Robert
They are showing 3 dates with locations TBA - schedule fluff ??? I personally dont have an issue with racing for $$ whats so differant than what we do now. It would be nice to offset some costs involved every now and again. Just my .02 - By no means am I endorsing the sanction here, but why would you have no interest??

They are showing 3 dates with locations TBA - schedule fluff ??? I personally dont have an issue with racing for $$ whats so differant than what we do now. It would be nice to offset some costs involved every now and again. Just my .02 - By no means am I endorsing the sanction here, but why would you have no interest??
Well....when they put the word "PRO" in it AND offer money how do you think people will react to what is percieved as a wrong call :unsure: I see racers yelling, screaming and having temper tantrums over a points race, imagine putting money into the equation :ph34r: Also it looks like a sponsorship package is a must. If you want to hit "the circuit" there is no time for a job, (it says races last five days). I wonder if Visa and Mastercard will "UP" thier sponsorship with guys like me, (instead of loaning me the money maybe they will let me keep it). It will be interesting to see :rolleyes: A couple more things to consider is will the hosting club make any money for providing a venue? Also can ANYONE sponsor a racer, (Enzyte, Trojan, Marlboro, Smith and Wesson, Larry Flint) etc, etc. The possiblilities are endless.

Norm

According to IMPBA rules, if you race in a cash prized contest, you are then ineligible to run in IMPBA sanctioned events from that point forward. Don't know about NAMBA, but you better check before you make yourself inelgible.

A group of people talked about doing this many years ago, but it didn't get organized at all.

Marty Davis

True Marty and Norm but from what i heard Al Waters said there is no rule in namba to stop it. I totally agree with Norm there will be fist fights. Robert

Meant to mention they wanted Broward club to do one but we backed away from it Andy. Robert

Well....when they put the word "PRO" in it AND offer money how do you think people will react to what is percieved as a wrong call :unsure: I see racers yelling, screaming and having temper tantrums over a points race, imagine putting money into the equation :ph34r:

Norm
Maybe thats why Broward backed out, LOL- KIDDING guys.

I hear ya Norm, it will get really interesting when they kick someone out for yelling and cursing at a CD or Official when that happens-the rules say you will go home. Probley not real quite like but gone none the less.

Has anyone seen or heard opinions from people that have raced the Series so far ??

According to IMPBA rules, if you race in a cash prized contest, you are then ineligible to run in IMPBA sanctioned events from that point forward. Don't know about NAMBA, but you better check before you make yourself inelgible.
A group of people talked about doing this many years ago, but it didn't get organized at all.

Marty Davis
Marty you need to stop by IMPBA.net & read the current Roostertail. There is a proposal for a minor re-wording of the amatuer rule up for discussion & will go out for member vote in December. :)

I cant understand why in this day and age IMPBA still has that rule. Heck its not as if were going to the Olympics, hell they even let Pro's in some events now. Don, is that proposal to address this specific issue ??

I cant understand why in this day and age IMPBA still has that rule. Heck its not as if were going to the Olympics, hell they even let Pro's in some events now. Don, is that proposal to address this specific issue ??
I am sure there was a reason. :p
Not what you think. If IMPBA members want to try this out I see no reason they shouldn't be able to. It's on someone else's dime & insurance so it's not a big deal. I actually have mixed feelings on this as over the years I've seen $400 radios get thrown in the lake, boats get thrown, kicked, jumped on or purposely put under truck tires & driven over, not to mention the countless times of 2 people ready to go fist to cuffs over a $10 plaque. Now we are talking about a $750 first place & $4000 high points? Personally, I see the fun, friendliness & camaraderie that makes these races worth going to heading right into the pooper but that's just my opinion and I hope I'm wrong..........

Back