Anyone plan on going for the SAW record?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wavejumper

Hey all. I have moved. Now I am in Las Vegas. No more alaska. Anyway it's been a while since I've been here and this may have all ready come up, but does anyone plan on making a record run for the straight a ways? I would love to see a nitro boat take it!

Mark Grimm went over 120 one way last month with a 119 average. That's now the NAMBA record. I doubt that he plans to quit. We think a gas rigger has a chance at the record as well. We expect to get into the teens this fall.

Lohring Miller

We are hosting two more NAMBA Nitro/Gas straight line events this year. The first is August 28-29, and the second November 27-28. We are also hosting a Fast Electric straight line event November 11-13. All three events will be at Legg Lake in South El Monte (Los Angeles) California. There is a boater in Las Vegas named Thom Hammer who has been coming to the straight lines for the past few years.

Mark Grim did go 121 one way this past month, and went 131.5 one way late last year. Gas boats are looking great as well. The level of serious participation at these events has been rising over the past few years and it has been more and more fun to watch.

If you need any additional information about these events, please let me know.

Latest posts

Back