Anyone on here into wooden sailing ships?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TCHedOff

I have a Sergal Le Soleil Royal 40" kit - I bought close to 20 yrs ago. Evidently, since then, Sergal has merged with Mantua and they still sell the kit for @$1200 US. The kit I have predates this merger and only has Sergal on the box cover. The newer kits come with multilingual instructions; the one I have is in Italian only.

Anyone on here into these things and know more about this kit?

I have a Sergal Le Soleil Royal 40" kit - I bought close to 20 yrs ago. Evidently, since then, Sergal has merged with Mantua and they still sell the kit for @$1200 US. The kit I have predates this merger and only has Sergal on the box cover. The newer kits come with multilingual instructions; the one I have is in Italian only.

Sounds like a good project for you and Shane.

Sounds like a good project for you and Shane.
Ha! His 7yr old attn span wouldnt last for the glue to dry on 1 plank; with my beginner skills, we MIGHT get it done by the time he's 18!! :)

Thanks Yota; I'm also subscribing to some other sites to learn more. Ultimately I'm going to sell it (it is way beyond my skill level & deserves someone who can do it justice).

Thanks Yota; I'm also subscribing to some other sites to learn more. Ultimately I'm going to sell it (it is way beyond my skill level & deserves someone who can do it justice).
Todd, Try Edina Model Boat Club.. You hang out with these guys - don't you? They have about 30+ memebers that do this type of stuff. B)

Todd, Try Edina Model Boat Club.. You hang out with these guys - don't you? They have about 30+ memebers that do this type of stuff. B)
Actually, You could either let Dave know or Steel know, they know the guys in the club. Also, I still have a member-ship with them and if you wanted me to post the specs on their web site/For sale forum - maybe we could work something out.

Here is the website addy: http://www.edinamodelyachtclub.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl

Last edited by a moderator:
only roost you will be getting off that thing kev is you kicking ur feet behind it..lol...things are insane,,now thats what i call buildin a model...details,,details,, i just recently aquired a pocher model kit,,,not a boat,,but a car,,,and i have to say,,the market is there todd,,,find the right place and list it..these detailed kits are consumed by the masses for hundreds upon hundreds of dollars...i bet you have no issue getting 800-1100 for it....

I've listed it on ebay; am posting some pics today.

Ted will contact Dave & Check Out Edina Club (tho as they are saling, I didnt think of them - this is a static model); Thanks.

Kev, No testing... boat isnt even together (tho it will be this week?).

Alden, DETAILS is right.... there are 104 cannons in this thing - each cannon is composed of several brass or wood components; this particular kit is pretty much the pinncale of wooden model ship kits. It'll sell, when the right buyer looks.... its cerntainly not for evryone. :)

I've listed it on ebay; am posting some pics today.

Ted will contact Dave & Check Out Edina Club (tho as they are saling, I didnt think of them - this is a static model); Thanks.

Kev, No testing... boat isnt even together (tho it will be this week?).

Alden, DETAILS is right.... there are 104 cannons in this thing - each cannon is composed of several brass or wood components; this particular kit is pretty much the pinncale of wooden model ship kits. It'll sell, when the right buyer looks.... its cerntainly not for evryone. :)
Todd, they are in to Static models too... :)

Latest posts

Back