Anybody works at FORD??

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brett english

My brother ordered a 2012 mustang GT from a dealer several months back..the car is finished and ready to be shipped..the dealer just told him its on a stop shipment status..has anyone ever heard of this? or does anyone know somebody that works for ford, that can answer some questions about this?

I work for Chrysler, and yard holds or containments do happen. Without knowing the specifics of your case, in my experience generally its a suspected quality issue with a bad part, or trying to identify if the vehicles built during a certain time frame have the defective part etc., or actually replacing the part. All the companies try very hard to make sure that the end customer does not get a known defect.

My brother ordered a 2012 mustang GT from a dealer several months back..the car is finished and ready to be shipped..the dealer just told him its on a stop shipment status..has anyone ever heard of this? or does anyone know somebody that works for ford, that can answer some questions about this?
Mike Schindler is the Ford guy on I/W [email protected]

I work for Chrysler, and yard holds or containments do happen. Without knowing the specifics of your case, in my experience generally its a suspected quality issue with a bad part, or trying to identify if the vehicles built during a certain time frame have the defective part etc., or actually replacing the part. All the companies try very hard to make sure that the end customer does not get a known defect.

I dont work for Ford Brett, but have worked in dealerships. The things Tony mentioned do happen, but it could also have been damaged . Not saying thats the case, but its possible.

If I ordered a car from the factory for a specific package, I certainly would at least want to know WHY it was put on hold......

Andy

Could have also had a run where build sheets got mixed up and caused wrong options on wrong cars. Although they would probably just build replacements for what was supposed to be built. Has to screw with logistics pretty badly though.

I dont work for Ford Brett, but have worked in dealerships. The things Tony mentioned do happen, but it could also have been damaged . Not saying thats the case, but its possible.

If I ordered a car from the factory for a specific package, I certainly would at least want to know WHY it was put on hold......

Andy
Im told its a supplier issue,what part or parts I dont know but should have some more information tomorrow. I have also seen cars get shipped and tore up,most times the carrier is responsible for repairs not to exceed a dollar figure.

Maybe they drop it off the carrier.I have seen that a few time working in a dealership for 25 years.It's a ford LOL LOL

Dave Roach

Andy
Im told its a supplier issue,what part or parts I dont know but should have some more information tomorrow. I have also seen cars get shipped and tore up,most times the carrier is responsible for repairs not to exceed a dollar figure.
Thanks for taking a look at it Mike , The English's (Brett and family) are good people.
wink.gif

Andy

Last edited by a moderator:
Back