Any info on this boat...

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitro_nemesis

Just bought this off ebay - surprisingly I was the only bidder and was curious as to why...either noone noticed it or noone wanted it for some reason, which is why i'm posting this thread. Anyone know exactly what model of boat it is - is youngblood who makes it or the actual boat name ??? Came w/ everything 'cept for tx, rx, and motor and was reasonably priced I think for a carbon fiber build. I'll be putting an OS 81 in this thing - any suggestions as to what prop I should run w/ it - this is my first nice/big rigger and I'm clueless on set up but I couldn't watch this thing just sit on ebay !!! Any feedback would greatly be appreciated guys :)

Youngblood4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I WAS WATCHING IT ALSO LOOKS LIKE A REAL NICE BOAT BUT I JUST BOUGHT TWO RIGGERS LAST WEEK THATS WHY I PASSED ON IT. TIDWATER MADE THESE BOATS THEY WERE REAL FAST BACK IN THE DAY.

Hmmmm........you don't have enough boats already :lol: :lol: :lol: , just teasing - I just started this hobby last august and I'm up to 4 boats already - it's too **** addictive !!! There's a couple more pics of the boat in my album.

Last edited by a moderator:
LET ME KNOW WHEN I GET I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF ITS AS NICE AS IT LOOKED IN THE PHOTOS.

Ok what you have is a Youngblood Hydro Built by Jim Youngblood, they were very popular back in the 80's and early 90's as they had a fiber glass tub, usually out of carbon fiber. Jim was a very good freind of mine and when these boats were set up correctly they were tough to beat. You might call Tidewater Engineering in Basptrop, Louisiana (318) 281-2460, talk to Bobby and see if they have any set up sheets left for this hydro. As far as I know they are still available through them, as for Jim he has become a recluse since his divorce with his wife Sherry several years ago. Sure had a lot of great times hanging out with him at the races down here in Louisiana.

Very good running boats. With that OS81 you will probably want to try a H-32 with that particular boat.

I had one, and there were several in my area. Kevin Beehan of Phoenix, Arizona (NAMBA District 19) had one that was named Big Gulp with a Picco 90 Hydro in it. This boat was a beast. Bob and Jeff Keaton bought this boat, and it kept honking for quite a while.

The late Eli Karagich of El Paso, Texas used to run one here. He had a CMB 1.0 in it and was always very consistent. He usually ran right at 70 mph at 3,500 elevation.

Boat wanted to break loose in the turns so you will definitly need a better turn fin. We also modified the rear outside sponson to help out in the turns. Was a great running boat. :)

I have the glass version in this boat with a MAC 67 and drives like a dream. It runs consistant mid 70's with a cupped H-30. Ryon Shaw

Back