another newbie question

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitronewbie

I realize that with a 67/90 rigger,One would need to pull on a rudder tiller arm to get it to come around the corner without deflection in the linkage rod. But does a sport 40 hydro put enough load on a linkage rod that I should not push the rudder tiller arm and set it up as a pull linkage also. 4-40 rod in a straight push seems

tough enough but is it??

All my riggers, twin included, push the tiller arm as rudder is mounted on the right. I use standard 4-40 rods with no problems. The twin pushrod is sleeved with a piece of 1/8" brass, all other just rod. I will say however that i keep my sterring pushrod completely straight & the servo is at the rearmost part of radio box. As for my sport 40 & scale boats the rudder is always on the left so servo winds up pulling tiller arm, no problems there even with front radfio boxes & 36" pushrods. I will mount a pedestal about 1/2 way back with a guide to support that long a rod. :)

Latest posts

Back