ANODIZING

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NAMBA860

DO ANY MEMBERS DO ANODIZING ON HERE I WANT SOME HARDWARE DONE,SHANE

Last edited by a moderator:
Shane,

I don't do anodizing but I deal with them on a near daily basis. If all of the parts you want anodized will be the same color, you should be able to have a local anodizer do everything for a lot charge ($300-$400). But like you're asking, the cheep route is to find a fellow Int'l Waters member who can help you out.

Couple things to be aware of, different alloys of aluminum accept the dyes differently, so you can run a basket of blue parts and have all come out with slightly different hues because of the base alloy. Also surface prep is very important, done by costic etching. This process strips away old "contaminated" surface material to get down to purer underlying material. The costic etch is responsible for the bright POP you get from the color; BUT... costic etching can remove .0005 - .001". Depending on what parts are mating together, this can screw your fit if the parts are at their tolerance limits. :( (new parts have taken this into consideration) So consider the affect to fit before anodizing.

For quick referance, Anodizing (done correctly) & electro polishing remove material, plating builds-up material

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to have many things anodized when I was into paintball. type in paintball anodizing in google and you will find many companies for good prices. Here is one that I used http://www.pbcustomz.com/. Single color up to 10 pieces for $110.00

They are usually very well done. Paintball players are extremely picky about their gun coloring.

Chris

we are very picky about the colours on our Paintball guns, yes :D

Lots of my fellow friends/team mates have used pbcustomz for anno work!

Back