And the Ebay hits just keep coming.......

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a joke.. Maybe I should challenge them to a race. Shipping is out of Cincy, Oh.. Right in my neck of the woods. Heck, I haven't got my .21 WOF up to those CLAIMED speeds. Could be due to that Lawless lower I use not having 3 speeds.. :huh: Com'n on Fred, you are behind the times :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hi Guys,

Just out of curiousity, I e-mailed this guy..... I asked if it could be returned if it didn't do 55 mph.

He said it could be ruturned............. within 3 days of purchase.

I wonder if I would get it through the mail within a week!

Someone should collect all these auctions and publish them as a bathroom reader............ some of the best jokes I've heard in a while.

Bob the Fool :blink:

That joke again?

I've already put up a $1,000.00 challenge to any of those eBay sellers who can prove that that boat can hit the claimed 50 MPH and you can e-mail them this thread if you'd like to. It has to be confirmed on an IMPBA or NAMBA SAW course and out-of-the-box stock, any percentage of fuel that they want.

I'm not in the least worried about losing a Grand. It is the old ABC Hobby Laserline boat and one of the few that the writers had trouble trying to find something good about it and top speed was only a lousy 17 MPH. It does have a different engine than the ABC version but it still isn't going to see 50-65 MPH on the water under its own power.

...It does have a different engine than the ABC version but it still isn't going to see 50-65 MPH on the water under its own power.
They clocked it going down Niagra Falls, just before bottom. Not sure if the engine was still running though.

No wonder i dont win any speed records .. im not using a S.P.B.P drive system for maximum top speeds....

been checking all the shops , stangely having trouble tracking one down.....

:D :D :D :D

AND how much would you pay if you had BRAKES to pull up before you ploughed into that bank / other boat

The SPBP drive consists of a belt coming off the front of the engine running down to a jackshaft then another belt to the propshaft. The second one ought to really toss the water around ahead of the prop and is exposed to any weeds, twigs or other debris throwing it off.

I am going to buy one of these and i will be a S.A.W champion for sure.

Dam dreamers

I am going to buy one of these and i will be a S.A.W champion for sure.

Dam dreamers

Hi "Little Friends"

I got this last night from the E-bay message system...................

""I read your forum at intlwaters.com you mis understood me and I dont appreciate your attitude please let your little friends know you just have to let me know you want to return it in 3 days not get it through the mail ""

I was ready to make a comment about the above, but it's prob'ly not worth the effort

I guess this person thinks he's dealing with children.

............With your permission, I want to send this person an e-mail inviting him to bring his product to a time trial. I suspect that if this thing goes over 40mph everyone will want one and this will make him a very rich e-bayer............

what do you suspect???

Bob the Fool :lol: :lol: :lol:

I suspect watching a dog take a crap on the grass next to the pond holds more merit. The "Crap Exit Speed" that exits the dogs ass is faster than that boat. :lol: :lol: :D

Sorry for the lude humor, where just children right? :p

Larry

He can keep the damned boat. I just want one of those people to prove that it can do the advertised speed or shut up and tell the truth! Who wouldn't pay that much or more for one that if it had the claimed speeds to buy one.

If it can do 25 MPH people would be happy with that speed for the money. Outrageous claims are another thing altogether.

This is where they try to get you:

Maximum Speeds: 55-65 MPH

They do say 55 MPH though. With this claim, it's simple. PROVE IT!!!!!!! Show me 40 or even 30 MPH. All they have to do is take one to a record trial. Whoever is there will verify their claims or let us know what it really did.

It appears our newest member........

The newest member is adventurous_creation

Most users ever online was 1,008 on Oct 1 2005, 09:08 PM

.......is the Ebay seller of this item.

Seller information

adventurous_creation

And it now appears a correction has been made to this particular listing (although others still say 55-65)...

# Maximum Speeds: 25-35 MPH

# Includes stand to hold boat secure when not in use.

# Dimensions: 26" L x 10" W x 5.5" H

# Requires 12 'AA' batteries for remote (not included).

Welcome A-C & as you may have now figured out we like things to be as truthful as possible, Ebay included.

;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully the others that are selling the same boat will follow suit.

It should also state that the radio system can be used in other vehicles where it can be used for reverse and braking.

I'm still curious about the so-called shock absorbers. Are these normally called servo savers or some other piece of equipment??

Im the idiot selling a boat on ebay that you cant stop talking about

Im sorry never meant to affend anyone i changed the listing from what

the company selling this boat says it does.

I have one of these boats and it is fast but ive never clocked it

but its worth the money.

R/C nitro gas boat

I did have a deep V boat when i was about 15 that my brother in law (cop then) clocked at 47MPH

but i wrecked into the dock and it was done for still have the moter somewhere.

A-C,

If you are truly out of Cincy, I'll be more then happy to bring you over to the club pond and we can put your boat up against one of mine. Granted mine are powered by .21, but the claimed speed from the manufacture is higher than what I've been able to do so far. Best I've done so far is 49 mph, radared at the club pond on a test day.

Latest posts

Back