American Professional Racing association

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can say this for a FACT... the racing we have now in place gets to heated and sometimes out of hand as it is.. i can only imagine what it would be if you put a grand on the table for the winner..

good god.. fights in the pits. intentional recks wow.. could get very hairy.

the local jails would be full lol!!!

just my two cents.

chris

they offer basically the same classes as amateur org's offer now, if they get 3 or more boats in the same class entered then they run that class, the main difference between amateur and pro is you get paid if you win in pro, and you get nice trophy's, not just a wood plaque . membership fee is $100 a year, and just like amateur org's most of that is for insurance, they have much better insurance than amateur org's. Race entry is $35.00 for each class. I put the link to there sight a couple posts back, go check it out.

Adam:

I was looking for specifics. Numbers of boats that were entered, etc.

Marty Davis
Marty,, there were two classes that had people that weren't scared to sign up and race,,RTR MOD and FAST ELECTRIC,,and RTR MOD was the only one with enough people to make a class, I see some tryin to make it sound like it's the APr\cRA's fault the event wasn't bigger,,I find it sad that we were the ONLY people that had the balls to go!!!!

I can say this for a FACT... the racing we have now in place gets to heated and sometimes out of hand as it is.. i can only imagine what it would be if you put a grand on the table for the winner..

just my two cents.

chris
BINGO

just my two cents.

chris
BINGO
BINGO is right i have seen a lot of things people will do to win in the impba i couldnt imagien money at stake!!!

Chris im with you.

Sam

Last edited by a moderator:

just my two cents.

chris
WELL I can tell ya that kind of behavior WON"T be tolerated!! If loosing the chance to win a big check isn't enough reason for a person to keep is attitude in check,,,then they don't need to be racing, anybody that thinks they will win every race they run or is gonna start fighting because they lost a race,,,needs to find a different hobby, maybe flying a kite of something simple like that!! If there gonna start a fight over a r\c boat race they shouldn't be racing in any organization.

I think somebody is a nubie to racing... not just RC boats but racing over all...

I have said it before and I will say it again.. Competition is a disease..

Adam.. I know you have a dream.. hell we all do.. but money racing to think you are going to supplement expenses be it motel, entry fee, or other make people make BAD decisions. Decisions to the average on looker or new wanna be racer in to NOT wanting anything to do with RC boat racing.. be it your org or the other.. now.. we all look bad.

Dudes.. I will NEVER race for money.. but who cares right!.. Been there and got the shirt.. I have GROWN allot from that and HOPE i can have some kind of influence to help others stay away from it. Want to make some bad blood between friends.. race toys for money.. it a mix that DOES NOT WORK.

Im out of this one for now and you all can do what you “feel is right”..

Mike

If memory is correct..............Paul Paymacher (Spelling) went. And he did say how may boats in the classes. SMALL!! VERY SMALL!!

I am looking at the stand point for the CD. NFL,NBA,NHL, @%IT........................LOOK at the CRAP

At the Little leauge games!!!! I could NEVER get the race finished as EVERY CALL will be argued!!!

"It will not be TOLERATED" What throw me out. I all ready race IMPBA!!! YOU HAVE NO IDEA!!!!

Just keep watch on this board. We are into cabin FEVER SEASON!!!

AS for Roger looking at from a PROMO point good. But I am already reading about SPONSORED TEAMS!!! Where is the space for the racer that have made this what it is!!!!! We have those CLICK

teams now.....................What make them "FACTORY BACKED RACE TEAMS"!!!!!

COUNT ME OUT ON THAT PART!!! <_< <_<

Roger is right we need to go outside the box...................But do we need to PULL UP The ROOTS

of what has made us good so far???

I think somebody is a nubie to racing... not just RC boats but racing over all...
I have said it before and I will say it again.. Competition is a disease..

Adam.. I know you have a dream.. hell we all do.. but money racing to think you are going to supplement expenses be it motel, entry fee, or other make people make BAD decisions. Decisions to the average on looker or new wanna be racer in to NOT wanting anything to do with RC boat racing.. be it your org or the other.. now.. we all look bad.

Dudes.. I will NEVER race for money.. but who cares right!.. Been there and got the shirt.. I have GROWN allot from that and HOPE i can have some kind of influence to help others stay away from it. Want to make some bad blood between friends.. race toys for money.. it a mix that DOES NOT WORK.

Im out of this one for now and you all can do what you “feel is right”..

Mike
LOL!!thats pretty funny mike,, I'm not here to get in a pissin contest with you,,,or anybody else for that matter!!! I was told there was some discussion about it here, and people were asking questions about it and not just tryin to shoot it down, so I came to say I DID DO IT!!! and I came home with more than just a shirt, and I wanted to share the FACTS about what did happen when money was paid for wining a r\c boat race, and I will answer any question anybody has about it or how to get involved in it! SURE it may not be for everybody, no sport or hobby is perfect for every body, but I find it extremely hard to believe that theres only a few rtr racers and some fast electric guys that can keep there attitude in check and get along, long enough to finish a weekend of racing, without getting in a fight, when money is put on the line.

LOL…oho oho oho Mister Adam P.. I NEVER SAID I had a low opinion of the people that race RC boats.. You my friend are way way off base on that one.. I will say this however.. I very much DID expect a half baked comment like that to come from this exchange..

Again.. I been at this a long time and you read like a book..

BTY man.. if you are here to answer any questions about the APRRC it looks like Mr. Davis still needs an answer then..

Again.. Im backing off..

Good luck to all the Pro racers…

Mike…

OK,, I took the comment down, I said I wasn't here to get in a pissin contest and I'm not!! but you don't know anything about me or what racing experience I have in r\c or any other form of racing, so keep your comments and opinions on the topic at hand and off me,, and I will do the same, fair enough??

And I believe I did answer that question on the last page post #42

OK,, I took the comment down, I said I wasn't here to get in a pissin contest and I'm not!! but you don't know anything about me or what racing experience I have in r\c or any other form of racing, so keep your comments and opinions on the topic at hand and off me,, and I will do the same, fair enough??
Adam.

I am not here to start a hot debate.. just want to make some comments.

I started racing cars when i was 7yrs old.. 1984.... went with cars and boats from about 11 or 12 1989 raced slot cars for 5 yrs.. ( international 15 and box stock ) so i like mike have seen the whole spectrum minus planes and trains.

EVERY.. and i mean EVERY type of event that deals with money will at one point or another get out of hand.. i have been to races that a guy intentionally took someone out.. not caring didn't care what happend to his boat.. just didn't want the other guy to win.

I seen a guy chuck his brand new mono inside his trailer because he got 2nd..

even seen a pro racer at a track in indy racing r.c. cars snap his car over his nee in 1/2 because he got t.q but placed 2nd in the main.

this and all of this was for either no money or very very little winnings..

So I very politely will disagree with you that it won't get out of hand.. Not say that you org won't be very sucessful.. but you may want to think about the reprocussions from such events at hand.

if a fight broke out and people got hert would your insurace company cover property damages if such thing occured..

Again, i am not trying to pick a fight.. Just want you to realize what this could and or possibly lead to.

good luck

chris

Adam.

I started racing cars when i was 7yrs old.. 1984.... went with cars and boats from about 11 or 12 1989 raced slot cars for 5 yrs.. ( international 15 and box stock ) so i like mike have seen the whole spectrum minus planes and trains.

EVERY.. and i mean EVERY type of event that deals with money will at one point or another get out of hand.. i have been to races that a guy intentionally took someone out.. not caring didn't care what happend to his boat.. just didn't want the other guy to win.

even seen a pro racer at a track in indy racing r.c. cars snap his car over his nee in 1/2 because he got t.q but placed 2nd in the main.

So I very politely will disagree with you that it won't get out of hand.. Not say that you org won't be very sucessful.. but you may want to think about the reprocussions from such events at hand.

if a fight broke out and people got hert would your insurace company cover property damages if such thing occured..

Again, i am not trying to pick a fight.. Just want you to realize what this could and or possibly lead to.

good luck

chris
hey chris

I understand what your saying, and yea, just like in any other form of racing,,for cash or not,, there are people that have problems with there attitude, if they can't control there temper in a pro race and try to pick a fight for whatever reason there kicked out of the race, for me a thousand dollars on the table will make me bite my tongue a lot. and just to clear it up,, it's not my org. I just went and raced,, and want more people to come race with me.

Adam.

good luck

chris
and chris i second what you are saying on here as well.. you and i have been involved in a couple money races before. "enduros" which i belive we kicked their asses but remember how things got out of hand before at our little track in burlington.. i cannot imagine having to beat a guy up at a track because i beat him in a boat race and he decided to come and fight about it. you and i both have gotten out of hand and upset over no money and i cannot imaging watching 2 grown men cry over a few hundred lousy bucks. this is a expensive hobby and costs alot to maintain , build and operate these as well , then you compound the people like me who still race cars and fly giant scale planes as well.. you know for the guys needing a purse to afford their hobby or whatever the reason to ruin this fun sport is.. maybe they should find a new hobby and maybe something in their budget. if you think adding prize money wont make people go hog wild blowing out budgets to race , think agian.. look at nascar and see what prize money has done to it.. guys until the late 70's could afford to race on a decent income and with a little help. we do not need this in our sport

hey chrisI understand what your saying, and yea, just like in any other form of racing,,for cash or not,, there are people that have problems with there attitude, if they can't control there temper in a pro race and try to pick a fight for whatever reason there kicked out of the race, for me a thousand dollars on the table will make me bite my tongue a lot. and just to clear it up,, it's not my org. I just went and raced,, and want more people to come race with me.
Adam-

Like Chris I can tell you I've seen some crazy sxxt over the years even just racing for a $10 plaque to hang on the wall. I've seen guys toss $300 transmitters in the lake, put their own boats under car tires & intentionally run them over, temper tantrums, heated arguments, shoving matches & yes full on fights. That doesn't even get into seeing people "team up" to take someone out so their buddy can win, or a competing brand of boat not win over another brand, it goes on and on. $1,000 may make you "bite your tongue" but it won't stop the other stuff, it will just get dirtier, nastier, sneakier and more common, if you think otherwise you are living in a fairy tale world and have much to learn. I wrote the proposal to allow IMPBA members to try it if they want to without penalty, but that doesn't mean I support it. I have already been approached about joining a team if this gets off the ground but I'm still undecided on the whole pro racing idea. However I will say one thing is for sure, money changes everything ........ :ph34r:

hey chrisI understand what your saying, and yea, just like in any other form of racing,,for cash or not,, there are people that have problems with there attitude, if they can't control there temper in a pro race and try to pick a fight for whatever reason there kicked out of the race, for me a thousand dollars on the table will make me bite my tongue a lot. and just to clear it up,, it's not my org. I just went and raced,, and want more people to come race with me.
There are lots of people here who have experienced racing in many forms. Combined, they've seen and done it all. Comments such as "if they can't control their temper..." show a lack of experience and naivete. To help you understand a bit better, the fights won't happen among those who truly have the potential for winning the thousand bucks. Instead, the problems will arise when someone who might have won $ gets knocked out for what they deem to be an inappropriate reason (most likely related to someone else's driving, an official's call, etc). Add money to the mix and a person who might have just shrugged off a loss might escalate. You might think as adults it won't happen, but it can and will.

From your profile, you live in a state that's got lots of racing. If you're looking for racing, one has to wonder why you're hyping a new organization instead of the one that's already there, has lots of members and races, and works well. Is it the lure of "easy" money? If that's the only reason, it'd be wise to remove the blinders and seriously think about what people are saying about mixing cash prizes and racing. If there are other reasons, maybe it's time to fess up.

And one last thing, it seems people are still wondering who you are. ;)

Ya know what? I have been watching this thread for awhile and I have come to a conclusion... If ya wanna race for money to recoup some of the costs of this hobby or to try and get rich racing rc boats then by all means do it. if ya don't then don't. It's that simple. Bashing something you haven't even tried is contrary to the fundamental basics of this hobby. IE... how's this prop work with this boat? don't know let's try it out etc... etc... this is like tellin' your kids don't eat your momma's pea's the first time she makes them. gimme a break you guy's you are acting like little kids. If ya don't wanna race for money then don't but don't bash those that do want to just because you don't think it's a good idea.

Peace out,

Bill

Ya know what? I have been watching this thread for awhile and I have come to a conclusion... If ya wanna race for money to recoup some of the costs of this hobby or to try and get rich racing rc boats then by all means do it. if ya don't then don't. It's that simple. Bashing something you haven't even tried is contrary to the fundamental basics of this hobby. IE... how's this prop work with this boat? don't know let's try it out etc... etc... this is like tellin' your kids don't eat your momma's pea's the first time she makes them. gimme a break you guy's you are acting like little kids. If ya don't wanna race for money then don't but don't bash those that do want to just because you don't think it's a good idea.
Peace out,

Bill

Here Bill, you forgot this - :ph34r:

Im taking the wait and see approach myself. There is a race scheduled in Orlando(not far from home) that I plan on spectating at. Lets see how it goes, it looks like the brunt of what runs there will be gas-considering the host club(thats not a poke-just fact) I wont pass judgement until I see it myself. Now if you dont mind- :ph34r: Cool , ready-LOL.

Andy

Latest posts

Back