American Professional Racing association

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes & no. If it's just a matter of going to a race with the possibility of winning some $$$ then no, it's not an issue. But, if it is a matter of forming an organized race team with all the attendant implications and $$$ then yes, I would want some assurances that this is a viable business venture not just an enthusiastic dream.

These days, this won't work if the paying public sees a bunch of hobby guys in their sloppy hobby clothes running boats. It's got to look good and look organized and run on time, etc. Plus, one other thing comes to mind. This show won't work if the spectators see more of the retrieve boat than they do racing.

So does this mean that I have to buy Me and Gavin matching T Shirts with Scooter Racing on the back?? :lol: :lol:

Question...

I think it states that you must be a member of either the IMPBA or NAMBA to participate at a APRCRA race...

Why?

Seems to me the APRARC does not have to worry about insurance if this is the case.. I think be it either IMPBA OR NAMBA you are covered at any pond activity as long as the water is registered and there are two or more of you there?

I might be wrong... Fill me in.

What I gather is that the APRARC is stating that if you are a member of either the IMPBA OR NAMBA you are good enough to pilot a RC boat in one of there events? Does this makes sense.. Lots of IMPBA and NAMBA members are new racers.. Or if noT I hope we are trying to welcome them..

I’m confused.. help me out.

Lastly if this is the case.. Is it 150 bucks to join the APRARC?

Thanks

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
aaahhhh.....growing pains in the hobby....glad to see it happening in boat racing. This means it is getting more attention:)

Wow, I just took the time to read this entire thread.....wish I had been paid to read this:) But you know, it was my choice to read it:)

Look how much crap started from just the discussion.....ummmm

I have to say Dunny said it best so far.......nice job Dunny:)

fwiw; If there is a money race and IF that info is presented up front, at this time AQU will not support "money" races. .....money years ago R/C car racing tried "Pro" racing.....it almost ruined the racing scene. In fact, it has never fully recovered from that time.

Will I race for money......no. Will I support it....no. That is my choice. What others do is up to them....but like Dunny said earlier...... :)

As far as growing the hobby. Us racers will not grow the hobby by racing for money. Will it be on TV? Whatever....I can't even watch Unlimited Hydros now on TV....umm...maybe I'll see r/c boats though....

Ok, one last thing....lets be realistic.....This is a hobby. If you can't afford it, maybe it is time to take a break from it until you can. There are many fun and great things I would like to also go do......but.....

Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have fun all!

Russ

So does this mean that I have to buy Me and Gavin matching T Shirts with Scooter Racing on the back?? :lol: :lol:
Matching Levis too!

Actually, APBA mandated a rule that all drivers had to wear some sort of drivers suit. It wasn't so much for safety, it was about appearances. (Safety was covered in the classes where it really mattered.)

Bob Heywood

Dayton, OH

I have been racing for money and have raced in series with no money and I can tell you it dosen't matter. A poorly run series or race will always have fights or arguments. As for spending "big bucks" to win, just go to the "ameture" sprint car series in Indiana and see how much money is spent to take home a trophy, It's crazy!! There will always be somebody at the race with all the latest and best gadgets wether they are racing for $1000. or just bragging rights.

As for rules; rules is rules! If you don't like em (Don) don't go.........simple

I for one don't plan to go but I think it is a good idea if new people will race thinking they may be able to recoup some of their money, hell at least it is a good excuse when your wife asks why you are spending all that money on a "toy". Just say" I can win all my money back and then some....baby doll honey bunches".

I say Good luck and remember...If you ain't havin fun it ain't worth squat!

Question...
I think it states that you must be a member of either the IMPBA or NAMBA to participate at a APRCRA race...

Why?

Seems to me the APRARC does not have to worry about insurance if this is the case.. I think be it either IMPBA OR NAMBA you are covered at any pond activity as long as the water is registered and there are two or more of you there?

I might be wrong... Fill me in.

What I gather is that the APRARC is stating that if you are a member of either the IMPBA OR NAMBA you are good enough to pilot a RC boat in one of there events? Does this makes sense.. Lots of IMPBA and NAMBA members are new racers.. Or if noT I hope we are trying to welcome them..

I’m confused.. help me out.

Lastly if this is the case.. Is it 150 bucks to join the APRARC?

Thanks

Mike
HEY Mike,

I believe i covered your question in post #29

As for rules; rules is rules! If you don't like em (Don) don't go.........simple
Hey Wes, here's a better thought, fix them before things turn into a cluster ----. It's far easier to address things before the ball gets rolling & you certainly can't deny there are some rather odd rules currently listed. ;)

Hey Wes, here's a better thought, fix them before things turn into a cluster ----. It's far easier to address things before the ball gets rolling & you certainly can't deny there are some rather odd rules currently listed. ;)
Just one question WHO bears the INSURANCE surely NOT IMPBA or NAMBA. OK 2 questions second one being Does this profesional racing org. have on site an approval letter from the land owner?........ I dont care either way about racing for money im an amatuer and will remain so..............Mike

Adam,

do you mean this sentance?

When discussing the rules and issues with amateur org's accepting the APr\cRA with Fred before the Nashville race, It was my suggestion to add the rule about membership to one of the amateur org's to show the APr\cRA supports theme and isn't tryin to take people away from theme, it was my suggestion that you need to have placed 1st 2nd or 3rd in an amateur event in the class you are entering to be able to race, but the powers that be in the amateur org's that Fred was talking to thought that rule would exclude a lot of people that would like to try it, and like I said previously the APr\cRA is a fairly new org. and is tryin to to make a race series were there is none, and needs as many people as they can get to join, it won't be much of an event for spectators to watch if there is only a couple classes with three or four boats in theme, SO while they are in the first stages of BUILDING A PRO SERIES, there letting any who are willing to race enter.

Still confused?

Thanks

Mike

Sorry to hijack this post but this comment was made here so I will address it here.

I have always been known to speak my mind and I will always tell you the way I feel. So here it goes.

Ya'll know who you are.

I read Andy’s comment this morning about our club and I quote “it looks like the brunt of what runs there will be gas-considering the host club (that’s not a poke-just fact)” and I told myself I would go to work, cool down and post a comment when I got home. Needless to say I didn’t cool down any. That comment really burned a hole in my @$$.

Where do you get off saying that! If you go to our web site the very first sentence states that The Orlando Culvert Dodgers, Inc are a gasoline and NITRO powered radio controlled model boat club. Look on the Winter Nats entry form! We have listed every class that your club has on its entry form AND THEN SOME!!!! We are here to PROMOTE R/C BOATING not just gas but NITRO also. My wife and I along with a lot of other OCD members go to your club and race. Can you say that about your club? How many of your members are coming in January? How many are going to travel south and support those clubs? Those of you that do, thanks for being a part of Dist 3. It seems like some of you don’t want to be a part of Dist 3. We go to the races to have fun and enjoy being with fellow racers. Hell, look what you did to us with the WCRA races. In the past we have held 2 a year but in 07 we put in for 2 and got only one. You have large numbers show up for your races but when it comes time for OCD to put our ONE on we can’t even get 25 boats entered. WHO’S GOT A HARD ON FOR WHO!!!

Here’s one I heard from a person that runs nitro “WE ARE OUR WORST ENEMY” Ain’t that the truth!!!! I read on another post here on IW that they had been coming to the Winter Nats since the 80’s by the looks of the nitro entries this year he wasn’t coming. If all you hard core nitro guys would enter your boats instead of thinking this way there would be a good turn out and some great racing. Continue thinking this way and nitro is sure to die.

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t have anything against nitro. Nitro is what started r/c boating and will live on. ONLY IF YOU WANT IT TOO. I ran nitro boats 18 years ago and gave it up because I didn’t care for all the hassles that went along with it. 12 years ago my son wanted to build an old hull that was on the shelf in my shop and when I spoke to an ole friend of mine he introduced me to the new gas engine from Zenoah and look where we are today. Tammy and I raced 7 boats in 07 and will be racing 9 in 08 and guess what.....we will be supporting ALL Dist 3 clubs. INCLUDING YOURS

I think it’s time to promote this hobby as a whole. EVERYONE INCLUDED!!!!

A quote from Forest Gump

“THAT’S ALL I HAVE TO SAY ABOUT THAT”

Wayne, I started 3 times on a very long winded PM reply and I finally came up with this-

Happy New Year to you and Tammy . And all you racers out there- no matter what district/sanction/power choice/whatever ;) -

Good Boating in 2008 - :)

Hello,

I would like to address a few of your concerns about the Pro Racing Series. These are just rules that were set up but I don’t think that all of them are carved in stone & can be open for discussion. I hope this will help some of you & to just remember to try and keep an open mind about it. It is something new & exciting but may not be for everyone.

(Q) At no time may an engine be replaced during any race

(A) The engine that you started with will not be replaced by something different. It doesn’t say you can’t work on it or repair that engine just that it can’t be replaced. Just like in Nascar you can’t take out the engine in the middle of a race & replace it. This is a “Pro Series” not Amateur.

(Q) No radios will be allowed in the pit area

(A) The pit area that is being referred to is not the “hot pits” it is where your tents & trailers are located.

(Q) All hulls must be of standard, production type design. (ie: Aeromarine, Insane, Seducer, etc)

(A) All hulls must be commercially available. Any prototypes must be approved by APRCRA prior to racing. This means that something that has had modifications done to it just has to be looked at and approved for racing.

(Q) All children MUST be accompanied by an adult at all times."

(A) Anyone who is under the age of (18) is considered a child.

Electronic timing equipment will be supplied by APRCRA. All GPS/transponder units will be issued and returned at the sign-in desk

Additional rules may be posted in the future. If you have any questions, please contact APRCRA by

email or phone.

[email protected]

(1-860-204-0000)

Wow Wayne save your comments about the WCRA for another thread you are way off base there!!!

Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!

Rod H.

looks like we'll get to see how it works first hand at the d12 race late in June. Scott, Chuck, Don, lets sign up and grab some cash.

Mike B

Every year for the last four or so I have looked forward to going to Orlando and getting in the" RC Boating Zone " for three or four days in a row and this year is no different . Looking forward to some good racing and seeing people you only get to see once a year or so . I am disappointed with the lack of Nitro entries , but what can you do except to try to make it better !

Well time to get in the garage and make things work ! Happy and Prosperous New Year All !

Hello,I would like to address a few of your concerns about the Pro Racing Series. These are just rules that were set up but I don’t think that all of them are carved in stone & can be open for discussion. I hope this will help some of you & to just remember to try and keep an open mind about it. It is something new & exciting but may not be for everyone.

(Q) At no time may an engine be replaced during any race

(A) The engine that you started with will not be replaced by something different. It doesn’t say you can’t work on it or repair that engine just that it can’t be replaced. Just like in Nascar you can’t take out the engine in the middle of a race & replace it. This is a “Pro Series” not Amateur.

(Q) No radios will be allowed in the pit area

(A) The pit area that is being referred to is not the “hot pits” it is where your tents & trailers are located.

(Q) All hulls must be of standard, production type design. (ie: Aeromarine, Insane, Seducer, etc)

(A) All hulls must be commercially available. Any prototypes must be approved by APRCRA prior to racing. This means that something that has had modifications done to it just has to be looked at and approved for racing.

(Q) All children MUST be accompanied by an adult at all times."

(A) Anyone who is under the age of (18) is considered a child.

Electronic timing equipment will be supplied by APRCRA. All GPS/transponder units will be issued and returned at the sign-in desk

Additional rules may be posted in the future. If you have any questions, please contact APRCRA by

email or phone.

[email protected]

(1-860-204-0000)
Hello, Hello, is anybody there?? Guess Don must be special, he's the only one that got any resemblance of an answer. :huh:

"The engine that you started with will not be replaced by something different. It doesn’t say you can’t work on it or repair that engine just that it can’t be replaced. Just like in Nascar you can’t take out the engine in the middle of a race & replace it. This is a “Pro Series” not Amateur."

This is not NASCAR where there lots of qualifying and one 3 hour race for "all the marbles". We race a series of heats to accumulate points, so you're saying if a guy totally grenades an engine in the first heat & needs to replace it you're gonna make him sit on his butt for the rest of the weekend? Being a "pro series" has absolutely nothing to do with it and this rule make zero sense in my opinion.

"The pit area that is being referred to is not the “hot pits” it is where your tents & trailers are located."

"Anyone who is under the age of (18) is considered a child."

Add these to your rules, trust me on this one as you need to be crystal clear and right now the APR/CRA rules are not in that regard.

"All hulls must be commercially available. Any prototypes must be approved by APRCRA prior to racing. This means that something that has had modifications done to it just has to be looked at and approved for racing."

You still have not answered about guys who scratch build, what about them? And mods- who will have final say in this, an appointed technical board or one particular person who will be at every race? The CD?

Also you did not answer the question on course sizing, why so different? And your noise enforcement, how it will being measured & more importantly how it will be enforced. There are numerous other questions that were skipped over that a genuine concerns of myself & others. I am NOT against this "pro racing", just not sure yet if it's something that I want to participate in but the one nagging thought here is why would the APR/CRA deviate so drastically from the very organizations they are trying to tap for participants?? Again this makes no sense as to maximize participation one would want as seamless a transition between orgs. as possible, use the examples from groups that have been doing this for MANY years and already have working models in place.

Back