American Professional Racing association

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who is Fred.. is that a persion or does the name stand for something? Sure would be nice if he would come on here and answer a few questions for us.

Mike

looks like we'll get to see how it works first hand at the d12 race late in June. Scott, Chuck, Don, lets sign up and grab some cash.Mike B
Mike, there is nothing wrong with "grabbin' some cash" but unless they change the course size from the current listed 300-350' long by 150' wide it won't even FIT in that pond for the June race. :eek:

I for 1 have entered orlando with 4 nitros this year and have entered the race since my existence in model boating, yes there is a need too boost nitro's in distr 3 and alot of other dist.'s. All we can do is keep promoting the hobby period, I have found there is some people converting between both gas and nitro this year.Great!!. Just run a boat!!Ther's 253 Nitro Tunnel boats gathered in one place for 3 days in march. Why can't there be close to that number of MIXED hull types in 3 days??????? for Orlando THE ONLY PEOPLE THAT CAN CHANGE THIS IS????

YOU AND ME!!!!. I run 5-7 boats in WRCA series and pitboss. run 4-5 boats at my2 day distr. host races and pitboss really isn't too much if you have a system. When we have people willing to travel hours thru bad weather to be here with us starting to get cold feet,because of low entries, No one to blame but ourselves, So with this said get the nitro boats off the shelf and get racing them or they might just become extinct. I have been traveling to races all along the eastern U.S. since I got into this godforsaken sport. and will continue to do so until ya'll bury me with my M11. Any one interested in getting started in nitro should slide away from there racing keyboard and showup at a race, Might just like it and help it become a statistical number again. as far as the comment on WRCA it was strong in the District when it was both gas and nitro combined (still is). BUT then a new Florida Gas Series(no pun intended) stepped up and now BOTH suffer from this choice, If we want to succed WE must work together on the 1 Day races!!THese are the Entry Level Races

Yes we are shooting ourselves in the foot from my point of veiw. This Post IS NOT DIRECTED TOWARD ANY CLUB OR PERSON. SO PLEASE NO RETALIATION. You know me and I know you and we ALWAYS get along better as ONE

Just stepped out of the box and turned around and looked back and this what I see

Thanks Steve H. See YA AT THE RACES!!! p>s if this prorace is going to pay us for what we love to do?/ I say lets break the bank and move on, how much money can it have to pay out before it they start saying OUCH this is starting to become expensive??

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike, there is nothing wrong with "grabbin' some cash" but unless they change the course size from the current listed 300-350' long by 150' wide it won't even FIT in that pond for the June race. :eek:

Our straights are 330ft and it's 70ft from 1 to 3 and could be made wider without a problem. I'd like to see how it works, not pick the details to death. I don't think the people behind this have seen much actual boat racing, I'm afraid they are picturing 8 Miss Vegas' or something like that in a race, a little different than what really goes on.

Wow this sure is a hot topic! I was wondering if impba/namba should create a rule that would prohibit people trying to use impba/namba insurance if an accident/fight occured at a apra event?

first, i want to say hi to a fellow n. fl. boy! adam, i lived in tallahassee for 30+ yrs., before moving to n. va. 6 yrs. ago. not here to knock or promote racing for $. i understand your wanting to, and needing more people for it to survive. i, probably won't race for $, for a few reasons. no need to spell it out, not what i want to address. listen to don, mike, chuck, scott & others when they ask about rules. you guys NEED TO BE VERY CLEAR on rules. leave NO ROOM for interpetation. spell everything out in no uncertain terms. include penalties for infractions. this WILL make raceday much easier. i have helped put on a lot of competive events, and the less questions you leave unanswered, to less issues you will have. not an opinion, just a plain, simple fact. the question about namba & impba insurance is a good one, imo. i wish you all the best of luck and weather in '08. any exposure for the sport is good, but please be sure it is presented in a positive way, or it could do more harm than good.

Tom we have already had a discussion with the board and insurance people. When it happens if the safety rules are not followed per IMPBA rules we are out of it if it is not a sanctioned IMPBA event and is sanctioned by another organization that Organization is on the hook if it goes further the courts will decide. The one Pro race that did take place with the 3 contestants was held on a LARGE lake with full size boats and jet skis with the only thing seperating the real boats from the R/C models was a rope and swim noodles IMPBA safety rules specifically states, this is not allowed, and the IMPBA insurance would not cover people in this case.

THere were several other IMPBA safety rules also not followed at the one and only Pro race hosted last year. This is of course the Pro organizations decision and between them and their insurance underwriter. Not IMPBA business. Remember they are new to hosting model events. They will have many growing pains. They are adults and will figure out the problems soon enough.

Wow this sure is a hot topic! I was wondering if impba/namba should create a rule that would prohibit people trying to use impba/namba insurance if an accident/fight occured at a apra event?

"REMEMBER: You MUST be an APr/cRA Member to race! Insurance from any other sanctioning bodies are NOT valid. Please click "Membership Form" on the Menu to apply for membership. APRCRA Membership Number is required for race entry."

and as for the people getting out of control...like what already happens...

Anyone becoming disruptive or fighting will result in the following:

First misconduct/infraction will result in the driver and crew member being warned.

Second infraction will result in a $100.00 fine, payable in cash before driver is allowed to run in the next heat.

Third infraction will result in the driver being DQ'd for the balance of the event, and forfeit all earned points for that event. Race Director may request a review of the infraction for possible suspensions from future races during the year. Offending Team will be required to leave the grounds. Failure to comply with leaving the area will result in proper authorities being notified.

Anyone becoming disruptive or fighting will result in the following:

First misconduct/infraction will result in the driver and crew member being warned.

Second infraction will result in a $100.00 fine, payable in cash before driver is allowed to run in the next heat.

Third infraction will result in the driver being DQ'd for the balance of the event, and forfeit all earned points for that event. Race Director may request a review of the infraction for possible suspensions from future races during the year. Offending Team will be required to leave the grounds. Failure to comply with leaving the area will result in proper authorities being notified.

so if mongo was to wreck my boat on purpose all i would get for drowning his ass would be a warning???thats so harsh..... :lol: seems like they need to re-think these punishments <_<

who is pushing this ?????????but honestly who really wants to watch 5 laps of a nitro hammer racing ;)

The APrcRA has their own insurance and covers each race location. IMPBA or NAMBA insurance coverages should not be affected by these races.

As for rules; rules is rules! If you don't like em (Don) don't go.........simple
Hey Wes, here's a better thought, fix them before things turn into a cluster ----. It's far easier to address things before the ball gets rolling & you certainly can't deny there are some rather odd rules currently listed. ;)
Your way right! Many of the rules don't seem to be well thought out and confusing and to be honest, that's why I dont want to go till they iron some of them out. They need to ask for and be open to "open minded" input from guys like you. But till they ask for it I wouldn't get too loud with my opinion. Just let em do their thing and see where it goes.

Tom we have already had a discussion with the board and insurance people. When it happens if the safety rules are not followed per IMPBA rules we are out of it if it is not a sanctioned IMPBA event and is sanctioned by another organization that Organization is on the hook if it goes further the courts will decide. The one Pro race that did take place with the 3 contestants was held on a LARGE lake with full size boats and jet skis with the only thing seperating the real boats from the R/C models was a rope and swim noodles IMPBA safety rules specifically states, this is not allowed, and the IMPBA insurance would not cover people in this case.THere were several other IMPBA safety rules also not followed at the one and only Pro race hosted last year. This is of course the Pro organizations decision and between them and their insurance underwriter. Not IMPBA business. Remember they are new to hosting model events. They will have many growing pains. They are adults and will figure out the problems soon enough.

it's good to know that legally there on they're own,if this is true that there was boats and jet ski's on that water then there were people in the water as well. you have to wonder what the trickle down effect would be if someone did get seriously hurt or worse! the general public isn't going to care who was running the show, or what the circumstances were that caused someone to get hurt.it doesn't seem to big a stretch to think some clubs could loose there water over an incident like that!in the early 90's i was racing dirt ovals in the midwest. there was an accident at another track no where near us, because the track owner decided to let people pit there cars outside the fence, instead of losing entry fees and turning them away when the pits became full. someone got run over! our tracks insurance was gone the following week and there was a mess trying to find a company that would cover racing at all.just something else to think about i guess.

Not a lot the other organizations can do to control another organizations actions other than make sure we are in compliance with our organizatins safety rules, which we preach to our clubs and CD's all of the time.

Tom we have already had a discussion with the board and insurance people. When it happens if the safety rules are not followed per IMPBA rules we are out of it if it is not a sanctioned IMPBA event and is sanctioned by another organization that Organization is on the hook if it goes further the courts will decide. The one Pro race that did take place with the 3 contestants was held on a LARGE lake with full size boats and jet skis with the only thing seperating the real boats from the R/C models was a rope and swim noodles IMPBA safety rules specifically states, this is not allowed, and the IMPBA insurance would not cover people in this case.THere were several other IMPBA safety rules also not followed at the one and only Pro race hosted last year. This is of course the Pro organizations decision and between them and their insurance underwriter. Not IMPBA business. Remember they are new to hosting model events. They will have many growing pains. They are adults and will figure out the problems soon enough.

it's good to know that legally there on they're own,if this is true that there was boats and jet ski's on that water then there were people in the water as well. you have to wonder what the trickle down effect would be if someone did get seriously hurt or worse! the general public isn't going to care who was running the show, or what the circumstances were that caused someone to get hurt.it doesn't seem to big a stretch to think some clubs could loose there water over an incident like that!in the early 90's i was racing dirt ovals in the midwest. there was an accident at another track no where near us, because the track owner decided to let people pit there cars outside the fence, instead of losing entry fees and turning them away when the pits became full. someone got run over! our tracks insurance was gone the following week and there was a mess trying to find a company that would cover racing at all.just something else to think about i guess.

To all boaters:

I am Fred Williams the President of the APRCRA and I have been reading this forum and all the comments posted. A very few of you have taken the time to e-mail me with comments or concerns.

What you are all doing is bantering this Pro Association around in the same as what happened in Mich early last year. People beat it to death in the forums and no one signed up or came to the race. Many IMPBA members were concerned about reprecussions from IMPBA. I understand this. Over $25,000 was left on the table. I received on e-mail for someone who wanted to race but couldn't due to INPBA rules.

Nashville came along and 5 guys came to race. A total about 10 people had a great time and the Pro Association did exactly what we said we would do!! By the way did I mention that $16,000 was left on the table?

All I am saying ig go to the source and not some one who has no idea other than what he has heard on a forum.

Don, you and I exchanged e-mail and I offer input from you on nitro's. Please submitt your ideas or nothing can be adjusted and/or changed.

This Association is 1 1/2 years old. It is new and not what you are used to! We will be here for a long time. Please e-mail me with your concerns as I spend very little time on forums, got races to set up

Hope to see you at the races this year. Happy Boating in 2008

Fred Williams

President

APRCRA

[email protected]

PS: For those of you wondering where the money has come from, its me. National Assoc. sopnsor will not start until 08!!

Welcome to the Forum Fred,

Thanks for the bashing. Why not address the questions and concerns here on the Forum. Same as answering E-mails except you answer to a multitude of people with the same questions.

This has been for the most part a very civilized discussion and I would like to race with your organization, however, the concerns that we have are valid and I for one would like an answer to a few of them. This so and so said this and I'll call Fred and see what he says isn't getting it. If you read the whole post you would have seen my concerns and they are valid questions. Do you know what engine size .90cc is? There isn't a person on this site racing an engine that small.

Please talk with this forum directly so we can come race with you!

Don, you and I exchanged e-mail and I offer input from you on nitro's. Please submitt your ideas or nothing can be adjusted and/or changed.
Scott, I am sure you read Fred's post quick and may have missed this. Fred mentioned this becuase I asked Don, hopes he accepts, to be on the "board of advisors". This means he along with racers will setup specific and to the point rules. Fred does not follow Nitro racing too much so he doesn't know who races what and what numbers are showing up to race. I hope that Don feels up to the challenge and wants to be a part of this. I felt that with his background, he would be a good start to the Nitro Board of Advisors.

You should get your answers soon.

I don't know much about all the boats, but I will be taking care of the RTR Hydro rules. Which needs to be changed to Sport 18 Hydro.

I recieved an E-mail from Fred Williams answering some of my questions. It reads:

1- the 1.01 engines are acceptable, .90cc was a missed typo. Should have been ci.

2- mixing your own fuel is acceptable as long as the materials are commercially available. Container only need to be something safe.

3- Hot pit and staging pit area tables will have a guard mounted on the end to protect anyone from leaning or inadvertently hitting a prop,running or not. If host clubs do not have these guards APRCRA will have a supply of tables on board for club use equipped with the guard.

4- For races run at a host club lake the existing course is acceptable. We are not asking clubs to change the course as most are already layed out. In some races where APRCRA is the host straightaways man be longer but for now turns will remain the same.

5- Transponders will be provided by APRCRA. The will be mounter in the rear of the boat with Velcro. Transponder will be assigned at radio impound prior to each race and returned to impound with radio.

6- Off shore is Monos and deep vee hulls Course layout will depend on site but should be either "M" or lazy "L".

7- Any of the currently use radios are acceptable. I just need to know what freq you are running for heat assignments.

8-Your comment on the web site is humorous. Our site is to give out information on the racing. We are not interested in"flash and Dash' on the site .

9- Your comment on "Playing the game" was also very interesting. My time is spent organizing 8-10 races this year and trying to insure that they are the best possible races out there. I do not have time to sit and read forums all the time, my time is better spent making sure everything gets done as soon as possible. If people have questions e-mail me of call my personal cell listed on the site.

Hope these answered your questions Scott. Please fell free to contact me at any time.

Fred Williams

President

APRCRA

4- For races run at a host club lake the existing course is acceptable. We are not asking clubs to change the course as most are already laid out. In some races where APRCRA is the host straightaways man be longer but for now turns will remain the same.

The same as what? 35 foot radius that we all are accustomed to or that 75 foot radius deal? Fred & Co. please do not make the turns 150 wide, there are many racers who's boats are dialed in for IMPBA/NAMBA courses that are 1/2 of that. I know of now & have seen many racers over the years who get the boat set up to the point they hit the turn & crank the wheel knowing exactly what kind of corner the boat is gonna carve. Like I said before, make things as seamless as possible to maximize potential participation. Racers are not going to want to make a bunch of changes to how their boats are dialed in even if there is money involved. The KIS principle works, has worked & always will work. ;)

Back